Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Smokinpig said:

So we keep it a secret but we let know them know who it is from with a note in the package if I am understanding correctly.

That is correct. This worked well last year. Part of the excitement is opening the package and seeing who picked you. ie. Don't tag your draw and say I got you in this or any thread.

I will make a reveal thread where everyone can show off what they got!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Thanks Crazzy! This will be fun.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• cazzy
    Options
    This is a random draw, not a pen pal style drawing.  This means that you're likely not going to get your draw.  
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Signed up today, will be sending rubs/sauces not seen in other parts of country. From Midwest if anything from area interests you. Blues Hog from near me.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sounds good. Should be home early next week.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    I just signed in but it looks like the Christmas exchange. Please check
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• chainsaw19
    Options
    In. "chainsaw19"
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • cazzy
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I just signed in but it looks like the Christmas exchange. Please check
    Call me Mick!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    I must be doing something wrong. Can you put "SGH" in for me or tell me how? Thanks

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Options
    THANKS my friend.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ I must be doing something wrong. Can you put "SGH" in for me or tell me how? Thanks
    • Adding a nickname to my profile

You can enter a screen name or nickname.

To do this, click on your name from your home page to get to your own profile page

On the left hand side, you will see an "edit" button next to word nickname. Click there and enter your nickname. 

Once you have added a nickname, it will be shown between your first and last name when you are on Elfster.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Click on "profile page" in my above post and it will take you where you need to go.
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Can you check mine now and see if I got it right? Thanks

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Can you check mine now and see if I got it right? Thanks
    Scottie SGH "SGH" Hxxxx

It's showing your name twice, but it's all good.  Thanks!
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Can you fix it? Or tell me how when you have time and I will correct it. Thanks

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Can you fix it? Or tell me how when you have time and I will correct it. Thanks
    Just go back to your profile under settings and remove SGH from your first or last name.

Or not...it's fine the way it is.  Not a deal breaker by any means.  

Thanks for updating your nickname and thanks for participating!
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Will you check it again. I think I got it straight. Notice I said think. Thanks

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    FOLKS:  We currently have 32 participants.  Please do your best to recruit people you follow.

Some that I can think of are the following:

Let's start with those.  Feel free to call out anyone you'd like.  My initial goal is 50 participants.
  • cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Will you check it again. I think I got it straight. Notice I said think. Thanks
    BOOM!!  You got it!
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Thanks man.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Ok, I'm in, will sign up later today. My schedule was in question for next week and there was a chance I was going to be traveling.

Thanks for setting this up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I'm in.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    What's a rub exchange? Sounds kinky. :-?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @henapple I think it's one of them things they do in the back alley of them big cities.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Do you guys really want me in on this? I'm in Okinawa... not exactly rub central. I'd get some exotic stuff for sure but I can't even read the labels on things that are sold here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • cazzy
    Options

Do you guys really want me in on this? I'm in Okinawa... not exactly rub central. I'd get some exotic stuff for sure but I can't even read the labels on things that are sold here.

I just didn't want you to feel left out John. I know how f'n needy you are
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Can we set it up so that henapple gets the stuff from okinawa that nobody can read?

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    Options
    ATTENTION:

Talking to some peeps that are not participating because they feel they got the raw end of the deal the last few exchanges.  I challenge all of you to get creative and give your draw something that you would love to open.  If everyone goes above and beyond with this, it will really make the exchange that much better.  

Thanks again!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    cazzy said:
    ATTENTION:

Talking to some peeps that are not participating because they feel they got the raw end of the deal the last few exchanges.  I challenge all of you to get creative and give your draw something that you would love to open.  If everyone goes above and beyond with this, it will really make the exchange that much better.  

Thanks again!
    My package will be so creative that I hope I draw myself.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• cazzy
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    cazzy said:
    ATTENTION:

Thanks again!
    My package will be so creative that I hope I draw myself.
    Badass!