Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus???

Options
Perhaps the plus is too big?

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Heard a report today the 6 plus is ordered 8 to 1 over the standard 6. I'm goin with the 6 personally
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I had every iPhone up to the 5. I opted for a Note 3 instead of the 5s. Absolutely go with the Plus. Screen size is the primary reason I switched to the dark side.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    My work phone is a samsung galaxy s5, personal phone is iPhone 5s. Just upgraded the iPhone 5s to the iPhone 6 plus. It arrives Friday, can't wait.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I already have an iPad so I plan to get the the smaller 6 at some point. Bigger is not always better. Won't be long before fanny packs come back in style just so people can carry their phablets around.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I'm a android guy so none of the Apple stuff really applies to me. However my favorite phone I've had in the last few years was 4.8 inches. So I'd go with the smaller one myself. I just can't see putting a computer screen to my face to make a phone call. But then again 4 years ago I had a 3 inch phone and loved it. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I have the note 3. In a month I'll have the note 4. I like the size.but I never sit down with a phone in my pocket. And I don't wear tight pants. At first it seems really big but after while you'll think nothing about it. Go big.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • stemc33
    Options
    texaswig said:

I have the note 3. In a month I'll have the note 4. I like the size.but I never sit down with a phone in my pocket. And I don't wear tight pants. At first it seems really big but after while you'll think nothing about it. Go big.

What!!! No skinny jeans? What's wrong with you?
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I will upgrade to the 6, I don't want the big phone in my pocket. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    I went with the 6. I keep the phone in my pocket and figured the plus would be too big. My case got delivered yesterday.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • lakewade
    Options
    I've read the Apple products cause your pictures to post sideways on eggheadforum.com.

I'm going with the iPhone 6 Plus.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Print out a sized outline of each... You may be surprised how large the Us really is. Holding in my hand made it an easy choice for me.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    All I have to say is "welcome to the world of larger screens. You're in for a treat" apple fanboys.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    CNN's website had a video blurb of "pocket-testing" the Plus, didn't look like it worked very well.  However, she was wearing tight jeans and it was, er, educational...  ;)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    I have always been an Android guy and currently have the Galaxy S5. Being in the IT field for the past 17 years, I have never been too kind on proprietary products. What throws me off of any Apple products is they fact that you HAVE to use their software/hardware for their products which limits your ability to get the best deals on the market. Not to mention the costs involved.

For example, If I want to transfer photos, music, videos, etc. from my computer to my S5, I simply connect the USB chord to my PC. It becomes a 'drive'. For an iPhone, you HAVE to load iTunes software and have an iTunes account. If you want to developer mobile apps for Apple, you HAVE to own a MAC computer AND and Apple device (and pay $99/year). Android is a one-time $25 fee.

It boils down to personal preference. There are die-hard Apple fans that do not care about cost or proprietary and will do what it takes to own an Apple. Then of course, there are people like me :)
  • Retired RailRoader
    Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I decided to go with 64g iPhone 6. I keep my phone in my pocket and I personally feel the plus would be to big for pockets not to mention keeping it in your pocket while sitting down. Attached is a photo I took yesterday. On the right is the new Otterbox commuter case for the 6 and next to it is my 5 in the Otterbox commuter case. I think the larger screen size on the 6 will be more then enough for me.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    texaswig said:

You're in texas? I thought nut crunching Wranglers and a thanksgiving platter sized belt buckle were mandatory. The phone could serve as your belt buckle. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • stemc33
    Options
    henapple said:

texaswig said:

You're in texas? I thought nut crunching Wranglers and a thanksgiving platter sized belt buckle were mandatory. The phone could serve as your belt buckle. :D
    =))

Wranglers... The original skinny jeans.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Zarcon said:

I have always been an Android guy and currently have the Galaxy S5. Being in the IT field for the past 17 years, I have never been too kind on proprietary products. What throws me off of any Apple products is they fact that you HAVE to use their software/hardware for their products which limits your ability to get the best deals on the market. Not to mention the costs involved.

For example, If I want to transfer photos, music, videos, etc. from my computer to my S5, I simply connect the USB chord to my PC. It becomes a 'drive'. For an iPhone, you HAVE to load iTunes software and have an iTunes account. If you want to developer mobile apps for Apple, you HAVE to own a MAC computer AND and Apple device (and pay $99/year). Android is a one-time $25 fee.

It boils down to personal preference. There are die-hard Apple fans that do not care about cost or proprietary and will do what it takes to own an Apple. Then of course, there are people like me :)

For the most part, I agree with you.

For photos however, you can transfer photos from your phone just like you can from a droid.

I will say that coming from Apple to Android, I found my iPhone to much more stable than my Note 3. Android is definitely not an "out the box" device. You need to tweak and turn crap off to get it to work right. The bloatware is also pretty flipping annoying. I don't want all of this Samsung crap eating up all my resources. I'm going with the Nexus 6 In October so I can run pure android.

I'm also an IT Ptofessional, so Android satisfies my geek and need to tinker. I don't think I could go back to the iPhone...I'd miss the open feel.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    Options
    Yes...it exist

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    If I were an Apple fan, I would go with the Plus.  The larger screen is welcomed at least for me.  More and more I am doing business with my phone more so than my laptop.  I am inbetween the new Nexus and the Note 4 coming out.  I currently have an S4.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    I got the XLBGE over the LBGE so I'm following the same trend with the iphone 6. :D  I do see the issue of storing the phone in my front pocket but I will adapt by getting a slim case.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6-plus-case-slim-armor.html

Does anyone have experience with spigen cases? What iphone 6 case are you ladies and gentlemen ordering or have already received ?

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I have a spigen case. 24 bucks amazon. Most people don't its a case. I like cases that you can still feel the side buttons click. @stemc33‌ skinny jeans are not for me. Lol. @henapple‌ no big belt buckles . Lol real men don't wear true religion" bedazzled" pants either.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • henapple
    Options
    Or capris
  • henapple
    Options
    Or Toms.
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    or ugg boots

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• Smokinpig
    Options
    IOS8 wants 4.7GBs free to install on my ipad. That is crazy.

LBGE Atlanta, GA