Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Survey---Just curious

edited 8:26PM in EggHead Forum
Good morning all: What would you say is your favorite thing to Q ? I think my answer would have to be pizza. Everything else is really good too, but when I get a pizza done just right, ooooooeeeeeee.

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Gord,[p]I guess I'd say ribs, with pulled pork a close second.[p]Cathy
  • FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Gord,
    1. Pulled Pork
    2. Turkey Breasts
    3. Brats
    4. Salmon
    Haven't tried Ribs on the egg yet.
    Fireball

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Gord,[p]Gotta say that Calzones are the favorite around my house. Usually cook them every other week or so. I like jerkey too but maybe thats just because I cooked it recently. Catch me after I cook a brisket and I'd probably say that was second. I DO think I prefer Beef Q to Pork Q, just a bit more flavor. Just the opposite for ribs though, pork ribs over beef ribs any day.[p]Troy
  • JethroJethro Posts: 495
    Gord,[p]I am still in the "going to do a pizza someday" school. Until, recenlty I would have said wings, but about three or four weeks ago someone mentioned doing pork chops @ high temps, versus, low and slow per the BGE cook book.[p]Wow, what a difference those high temp chops make my head lean backwards with my eyes rolling up into my forehead after every bite![p]Still, looking forward to trying the pizza though. I have it scheduled as a mid fall item.[p]Jethro
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gord,[p]Pizza is good for sure but ribs are my favorite on the Egg followed by grilled chicken and steaks. The searing ability is so far behond what my gas grill could even come close to doing that it improves anything you grill. [p]Tim
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    Gord,[p]Salmon and pork tenderloin are running neck to neck.[p]K~G

• RDU-HooRDU-Hoo Posts: 6
    1. Filet Mignon
    2. Ribs-Indirect
    3. Brisket

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Gord,[p]It's either ribs or steaks, depending on whether I want to sit down and get caveman sloppy with sauce or actually use utensils for a mouthwatering steak.[p]Cornfed
  • Gord,[p]I love Beer Butt Chicken. It is simply the best. Second I would vote for some type of pork - liked pulled pork.[p]Anthony

• AndyRAndyR Posts: 130
    Gord,[p]The WaWa Wings definitely are worthy of honorable mention. Other than that, just about anything I've put on the Egg has been my favorite.[p]AndyR

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Gord, I rarely just do one thing at a time, but I think I would have to choose fish (most any kind, tuna, salmon, trout,..), brats and pork ribs in that order.

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    AndyR, I think you said it. I changed my mind. My favorite thing is whatever I'm pulling off the BGE at the time.

• char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    Gord,[p]This changes from day to day, but today my list is:
    1. salmon
    2. ribs
    3. steak[p]And guess what we're having this weekend in that order?

• BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615

"Good morning all: What would you say is your favorite thing to Q"[p]Meat. :-)

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Gord,
    1. ribs
    2. Beer-Butt chicken/turkey
    3. Steak (esp. JJ's steak au poivre!)
    4. Pizza/Stromboli

• MaryMary Posts: 190
    Gord,
    I'm in the whatever I'm cooking that day crowd, but Salmon is #1, and pizza is probably 2nd with onions and potatoes 3rd[p]Mary

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Gord, I haven't found the item that I like the best - but one thing for sure - I'll keep on searching. [p]Just remember, the fun is in the search, not the conquest!

[ul][li]Previous Search Attempts[/ul]
  • AndyRAndyR Posts: 130
    Mary,[p]Please, speak more of these "onion and potatoes".[p]AndyR
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Gord,
    1. St Louis style ribs done indirect for 4 to 5 hours and sauced.
    2. A 3" thick sirloin or ribeye at 700F for 14 minutes.
    JimW

• MaryMary Posts: 190
    AndyR,
    Exceedingly simple. Indirect over brick in a hi temp ceramic dish or a cast iron pan, slice or quarter potatoes and onions - your choice. Drizzle with a good olive oil and chopped herbs of your choice (rosemary, thyme, lemon verbena, sage, tarragon, basil, parsely, sorrel etc. are all good singly or mixed as you like). roast at 350 - 450F until soft and browned. Grind a little fresh black pepper and or salt to your taste. Enjoy. I especially like them with Yukon gold, blue potatoes or fingerlings.[p]Mary

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Filet mignon & lobster!

• BillyBilly Posts: 68
    Gord,
    Pulled pork. Then ribs

• DecDec Posts: 70
    Gord,[p]1. Ribeye steak[p]2. Babyback Ribs[p]3. Salmon/ Shrimp
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Gord,[p]I think answering the question "Which one of your children do you love the most?" would be easier.[p]Spin[p]

• WallyQWallyQ Posts: 10
    Gord,[p]Good 'ol southern pulled pork is our favorite by far.[p]Runner-ups:[p]Char-Crust Steaks
    Marinated London Broil
    Brined Beer Butt Whole Chicken
    Pizza! [p]

• FritzFritz Posts: 179
    Gord,[p]Ribeye steak.[p]Fritz
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Cat,
    Any fool that doesn't have your meatloaf at the top of the list is not getting enough oxygen to their brain![p]Carey

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Thanks, Carey!
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Spin,[p]For those of us with just one - it's an easy answer.[p]Tim