Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Egg

Options
I have been hanging out with my 98 year old Mom since her July 4 birthday. In Virginia. She doesn't have an egg and I didn't bring either of mine. Not even the mini. Haven't seen an egg since late June, early July. If I had known I was going to be here this long, i would have brought the large! Mom has an oven and an old Weber kettle (not even a One-Touch!). I have used both. She says that everything I have cooked has been delicious. I tend to agree... You don't HAVE to have an egg to enjoy tasty meals. I have to admit though, an egg would have made it easier! Going home shortly. Wonder if I will remember how to use my egg. Or if it is even still there!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Enjoy your. Mom!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Michael, I admire you for so many things. And giving your Mom the gift of you is one of them--and vice versa.
    Judy in San Diego
  • mitch2264
    Options
    You are a good son!
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Hope your mom is well. Get back to egging soon.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• chashans
    Options
    Take good care of mom.  I took care of mine for 14 years, until she passed in 2009 at age 98, and have never regretted one moment of it!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Pics or it didnt happen.
  • chashans
    Options
    Lit said:
    Pics or it didnt happen.
    +1
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Well, got home late Tuesday nite. Both eggs and both Webers on my patio right where I left them. The inside of the Weber looked normal. The egg, not so much... image Threw a small load of lump in and let burn out. Only got to about 600, but that got rid of the fuzzies. Burgers last night. First egged food in nearly three months!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Welcome home!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I bought an extra Vision Kub (mini knock off) when they were on sale last year at Costco and left one at my Mom's for that very reason. Works well when it's just the two of us. She'll be 90 in a couple of months.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome home, bet your eggs missed you as they were starting to "fungus-up". 

Agree the egg is easier to use - I cook on my Weber Smokey Joe quite a bit. Great for small quick cooks or as a warming oven if the gasser is being used. 
    Recently Lowe's had Kingsford briquettes on sale, 2X20# bags for $10. Set for the winter for hot dogs for the grandkids. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    I have a mini and could have brought it with me. Frankly, I'm not a big fan. In fact, I don't think I've used it since March... 2013! Really. Next trip, I'm thinking of strapping the large in the back seat!

Wish I had known about the Kingsford deal. Need to try to find some lump too.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I have a mini and could have brought it with me. Frankly, I'm not a big fan. In fact, I don't think I've used it since March... 2013! Really. Next trip, I'm thinking of strapping the large in the back seat!

Wish I had known about the Kingsford deal. Need to try to find some lump too.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Frankly, I'm not a big fan. In fact, I don't think I've used it since March... 2013! Really. 
    I can take it off your hands if you really don't want it  8->
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA