Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I was going but John let me know I wasn't welcome.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    A live video stream of the festivities would be great. C'mon techies, make it happen!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bicktrav
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    A live video stream of the festivities would be great. C'mon techies, make it happen!
    YES!  Please someone make this happen!
    Southern California
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Are you by chance going to be at the camp on the 20th? I ask because my son in law is coming down from Auburn and wants to meet you.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Are you by chance going to be at the camp on the 20th? I ask because my son in law is coming down from Auburn and wants to meet you.
    I'm unfortunately not going to make it since i'm scheduled to be in Nola 2 weeks after Brisket Camp.  

Wants to meet me?  I feel so special.   :\">
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    He is huge in to photography.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    He really likes yours and hapsters work. He is a camera buff himself.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    I guess I should be honored (or afraid) that you're talking about me.  If I mentioned SGH to the wifey, she'd probably think a baseball player came up with a new PED.   :P
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    He is huge in to photography.

SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ He really likes yours and hapsters work. He is a camera buff himself.

#:-S   You had me nervous for a second.  I just looked outside to see if anyone was sitting on my house.  This forum stuff is serious.   :D
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    You would like him. He is into all the camera stuff. He likes hapster, you,BigGreenCraigs pics. He just wondered if any of y'all would be there.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ You would like him. He is into all the camera stuff. He likes hapster, you,BigGreenCraigs pics. He just wondered if any of y'all would be there.
    Sounds like a good son in law.  Does he have a Flickr page or anywhere that he shows off his work?

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    I don't know. Give me a minute and I will call him and ask.

Status- Standing by.

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    If any of the visiting eggers need a ride to their hotel or the event. I'm available to help get you to and from where ever you need to geaux.  I'm local and know my way around the city. I also know lots of great places to eat and visit if it fits in teh schedule. 
    For those of you that have never tasted real Cajun boudin, I plan on bringing some boudin to smoke on the egg. Or I have two eggs at my house that I can cook on before and bring later. My eggs aren't portable, but I don't mind cooking and bringing.
    I'm hear to help so don't hesitate to ask. If I can I will...........
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    He said he does not have anything online as of yet but will shortly.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ He said he does not have anything online as of yet but will shortly.
    Cool.  Well, in case you weren't aware.   @nolaegghead and @eggcelsior are both into photography and good at shooting.  Make sure he picks their brains.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Damn this event pisses me off- only because I can't come.

This sounds like the beginning of an epic new eggfest. I for one vote to make this an annual event.

@nolaegghead no good deed goes unpunished.
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    I sure will tell him. Thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    If any of the visiting eggers need a ride to their hotel or the event. I'm available to help get you to and from where ever you need to geaux.  I'm local and know my way around the city. I also know lots of great places to eat and visit if it fits in teh schedule. 
    For those of you that have never tasted real Cajun boudin, I plan on bringing some boudin to smoke on the egg. Or I have two eggs at my house that I can cook on before and bring later. My eggs aren't portable, but I don't mind cooking and bringing.
    I'm hear to help so don't hesitate to ask. If I can I will...........
    Tony's boudin is freaking awesome.  It's better than the stuff I usually get and that's from cajun country.  Might be made from lost tourists but tastes so good I don't care.
    Options
    tulocay said:
    Damn. I'm going to miss this epic event by 3 weeks or so. Will be in NO in the middle of October for a conference. I for one am looking forward to the pictures and stories that will no doubt be told.
    @tulocay - send me a PM when you're in town.  I'll drink a beer or 6 with ya.
    Options
    @nolaegghead are we sticking with Creole, Cajun, or all of the above besides brisket?
  • nolaegghead
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Damn this event pisses me off- only because I can't come. This sounds like the beginning of an epic new eggfest. I for one vote to make this an annual event. @nolaegghead no good deed goes unpunished.
    @Wolfpack - I'd love to but I'd be sleeping on the couch for at least a month each yea, plus I'm dumping a a lot of cash that I could be investing into death machines for my midlife crisis.

We'll see if this evolves into something.  Might just happen to turn into something bigger than all of us. (as I pipe dream on)
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ Will do. Looking forward to it.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @nolaegghead are we sticking with Creole, Cajun, or all of the above besides brisket?
    @Eggcelsior - I think all of the above.  The theme this year will be "I gotta schedule an appointment with my cardiologist about moving up that angioplasty".  
    Options
    When will we do the drag race/burnouts down your street?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - oh no you di idnt. 

I've already tortured my neighborhood enough.  I went on the F800R tonight.  Stopped at the Old Point Bar (next to the event) and the Crown and Anchor.  Trolling for some bad band.  Fun ride, nice and cool.  I'll let you drive the Buddy scooter first and see how you do.  Be-have.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Tony's boudin is freaking awesome.  It's better than the stuff I usually get and that's from cajun country.  Might be made from lost tourists but tastes so good I don't care.
    @nolaegghead I have about 5 lbs of Crawfish and pork boudin from Legon's in New iberia and I'll make a run down to Houma and pick up another 10lbs of pork white boudin from Bourgeois ( https://bourgeoismeatmarket.com/ ).
    Bourgeois is my favorite. You gonna love it! The boudin is gonna be a big hit. I'm confident in saying it's the best boudin in the world ;)
    Check out the link, and see if ya need me to pick up anything else while I'm there. 
    New Orleans

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

Wolfpack said:

Damn this event pisses me off- only because I can't come.

This sounds like the beginning of an epic new eggfest. I for one vote to make this an annual event.

@nolaegghead no good deed goes unpunished.

@Wolfpack - I'd love to but I'd be sleeping on the couch for at least a month each yea, plus I'm dumping a a lot of cash that I could be investing into death machines for my midlife crisis.

We'll see if this evolves into something.  Might just happen to turn into something bigger than all of us. (as I pipe dream on)

Nola- no reason you should pay for this or any hopeful future event- setup a paypal account, cash drop box, or even sign saying will work for brisket and I am quite sure our brethren will offset the cost. I know this is something I would pay to attend. I hope everyone has an amazing time- wish I could be there. You are amazing for arranging this event- feel free to sleep on my couch when your better half removes you from your establishment :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @TigerTony - That sounds perfect.  I'll bet a good number of people never had boudin, and the rest never had the real deal.   Thanks very much for doing that!
    Options
    @TigerTony - That sounds perfect.  I'll bet a good number of people never had boudin, and the rest never had the real deal.   Thanks very much for doing that!
    It my pleasure and besides this could possibly make me the most popular person there.
    New Orleans

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @nolaegghead Did you ever find a bad band for the event? If not you might check out "Pigpen and the Porkchops" they play some classic rock, blues and southern rock. They are actually pretty good.. I  know the guy on keyboard a little bit. pigpenandtheporkchops.com/
    If that don't work Google pigpen and the porkchops  New Orleans
    New Orleans