Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NFL - Lets Go!

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

OK NPHUSKERFL, this is one thing where we disagree on, but Chefs are sucking it up if you know what I mean. This is going to be a long season for KC.

Sunday man \m/
    BoogyBoogyBoogy

Caption "don't be skeered" :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Mario kart 8 rocks. We only played several of the 50cc cups but its great. They have classic boards that are the same as they used to be but they are true first person point of view. Its hard to explain how cool it really is but moo moo meadows with real life looking cows walking across the road was pretty cool. Got the Mario set so we have 2 Mario games also. Gonna have people over for the birds game Monday.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Lit said:

its 110 by 66. total it only cost me like $70 to make the screen. got sunday ticket its gonna be a good year.

Love it man!! You're going to have a great year. Who's your team?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Lit
    Options
    We're falcons transplants but originals fins fans. Pulling for the Jags now that they have Bortles since we are both UCF grads. Any excuse to have people over and drink and grill works though.
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    What type of projector do you have. I have looked at a few cheap ones to rig an outdoor screen but have not done anything due to lack of knowledge.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Lit
    Options
    My wife got me the view sonic from amazon for Christmas last year. Its 3000 lumens and 720 resolution and up to 120 hz. The pictures I took don't do it justice its really a good quality projector. Its not very expensive was just under $350. It also does 3d if you buy the glasses, I bought 2 pairs and Jurassic part was impressive. Mine is a dlp projector but view sonic has other options now in the $350 price range. Our living room has a wall that is 19' high and 25' wide and I have set the projector up in the kitchen to make probably a 15' plus picture and it still has a HD picture. Here is the one I have.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A9S3OOC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1410398458&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
  • Lit
    Options
    Also want to add I keep mine in the work out room during the week and use it 5 days a week and have had no issues at all with it.
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Very cool. Thanks for the info and the link.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    Sorry @ NPHuskerFL - Had to do it

• NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2014
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    It's looking like Denver and Seattle again in the Super Bowl. I may need to find a new hobby, oh wait I have one, the Egg. At least it doesn't disappoint me.
    Seattle is looking like a real defending champ.  I think it's too early to tell with Denver.  They don't looks as good as they should.  Defense isn't much better than last year, offense isn't as good.  I like the Colts for the Super Bowl this year... getting beat by Seattle of course.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Lit said:
    Mario kart 8 rocks. We only played several of the 50cc cups but its great. They have classic boards that are the same as they used to be but they are true first person point of view. Its hard to explain how cool it really is but moo moo meadows with real life looking cows walking across the road was pretty cool. Got the Mario set so we have 2 Mario games also. Gonna have people over for the birds game Monday.
    Speaking of Mario...

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Lit said:

its 110 by 66. total it only cost me like $70 to make the screen. got sunday ticket its gonna be a good year.

Mine is about the same size, but cost about $350. Its my basement wanting for a new 1095080please projector. I'm looking at the the BenQ 1070 and the Epson 3020. There is about a $500 difference between them and not sure the Epson is worth the extra money. What projector are you using?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Options

OK NPHUSKERFL, this is one thing where we disagree on, but Chefs are sucking it up if you know what I mean. This is going to be a long season for KC.

Sunday man \m/
    BoogyBoogyBoogy

Caption "don't be skeered" :))

Fisher is looking like a bust. Denver has sold the farm to win now. The defense does have to get better, but KCAL isn't going to be as good a test as hope it would. Not feeling good about the season. At least we still have a baseball team to cheer for.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Lit
    Options
    @Ladeback69‌ I put a link above to the projector I have. Its a view sonic but its only 720 but the picture is really good for the price. Sounds like you are looking for a more high end projector. Just a note though i have a vizio 120 hz in the garage and this projector has just as good as a picture as the vizio.
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    @Lit, the BenQ 1070 is $749 and the Epson 3020 is around $1349, but has more lumens and higher contrast rating. I had a 720 projector I was using from my brother-n-law, but he wanted it back and the boss said I could get a better one when I could get down to my basement from hip surgery. That's now and I am in the market for one now. How did you hang the screen?

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Lit
    Options
    I just put 2 nails in and put hooks on the frame of the screen. The screen I put 1 by 4's as a frame then a mid frame support and used flat l brackets for extra support. Then I stapled the screen and pulled it tight and went back and forth stapling. Then I made another outside frame with more 1 by 4's and painted them black and screwed them to the from to cover the stapled screen area.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    cazzy said:
    This is very, very good.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

It's looking like Denver and Seattle again in the Super Bowl. I may need to find a new hobby, oh wait I have one, the Egg. At least it doesn't disappoint me.

=)) Maybe Seattle will get a wild card. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @Lit‌ we love our projector. Football, movies & more football. :)

imageimage
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Halloween
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota