Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed green peppers

Options
I've been seeing a lot of stuffed peppers lately and I have made them many times but never on the Egg so I thought that I would give it a try. Sorry for no prep pics but I got on a roll and never looked back. I started off by smoking a section of sausage and some mushrooms with apple wood chips at 350. While that was happening I browned a pound of ground beef with an onion, garlic, s&p, and then added rice. Once everything was cooked I mixed it all together. I then smoked the cleaned out peppers for 3-4 minutes on each side to soften then up and give them some nice grill marks. After I filled the peppers I put them in the DO and then poured some tomato juice over them and covered the bottom. Finally I put them back in the Egg and heated them at 375 for about 45 minutes. On the side is just some mashed potatoes. I wanted to smoke them also but I was already running late. They could have heated a little longer and I could have added a little more tomato juice but they had a wonderful smokey flavor. This will definitely be added to the rotation.
XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
Joe- Strongsville, OH

Comments