Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How's the yeti tumbler with hot drinks?

2»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    No firsthand experience with the Yetis, but I couldn't have survived nursing school without my Stanley classic thermos for coffee all day at school, and now at work.  The rotgut hospital coffee is horrible.

The Stanley has fallen out of the truck onto the concrete, dented and scratched, but works great.  I stumble upon old Stanley thermos' in antique stores, still goin' strong.  The wide-mouth thermos is awesome for soups during the colder months at work with the cap serving as the serving bowl.  No microwave heating is a plus.     
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited September 2014
    So just about 3 hours in on the coffee. Started at 144 degrees now 3 hrs later its 115, same reading as my coffee carafe.

My initial thought is the shine is more on the cold side. Coffee still warm and drink temp though.
    Seattle, WA
  • Hydro flask. Check them out. Bar none. The best.
    XL, LG, mini (soon)
  • I filled it up with coffee at 7am. After sipping along the way at 9:30am it was 150 degrees. I am amazed.
    McKinney, TX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    We have 2 coffee machines at work. I usually start off with a cappuccino with donut blend add a shot of Columbian espresso. If for some reason it gets cold I go make another one. Our executive assistant told me they average $1500 a month in coffee. The best benefit of work besides the paycheck.
  • Crapballs!!  I just ordered the 30.  When the speak turned to keeping coffee hot I got sucked in, just what I need another coffee mug.  Told the wife it cost 30 bucks and she just rolled her eyes.  I tried to tell her how good it was at keeping things cold but she said I've seen you drink.....your drinks wouldn't have time to get warm in an oven.
    LG BGE...PSWOOII-CI...PLATESETTER...THERMAPEN...MAVERICK-ET-733

Thumb MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    i just cant get past cold drinks on the night stand, what a great idea
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Crap, I just bought 2 of them.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    15 % off coupon @ Austin kayak post if you use it.
    f5r6ukuw

You're welcome.
    Seattle, WA
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    SkinnyV said:

15 % off coupon @ Austin kayak post if you use it.
    f5r6ukuw

You're welcome.

Crap again
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • I just got the 30 for $29.99 at my local ace hardware.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Crapballs!!  I just ordered the 30.  When the speak turned to keeping coffee hot I got sucked in, just what I need another coffee mug.  Told the wife it cost 30 bucks and she just rolled her eyes.  I tried to tell her how good it was at keeping things cold but she said I've seen you drink.....your drinks wouldn't have time to get warm in an oven.
    I got the 20 and am well pleased so far..My Wife also rolled her eyes when I said I needed one. Just blame it on Hap, it works every time.. :D
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Wahoo, picking up either  2 30's or 1 of each, depending on what SWMBO feels she likes, Called Cabelas and they are holding them for us. 
    @Skinny, two things, are you enjoying the Yeti for the hot side of things, does it keep it hot for a good long time? SWMBO loves her coffee hot hot hot.
     And also we are heading to  BigJohn's Pacific Importers on the weekend. Thanks for the info you gave me a while ago. Should be an interesting place to check out. Will go there first and then maybe to Pikes Street.
    @ Hapster, thanks Sir for the heads up on the Yeti,  
    ;) Looking forward to trying them out.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • I totally agree with @DubbsBBQ‌ , hydro flask is the ticket. I don't drink my coffee blazing hot (especially in Fl during the summer) so I brew a pot at 7:15am, pour it in the hydro flask at 7:45 and don't really swig on it until at least 8:45. All that's while keeping the lid open, letting the heat escape. They equally keep liquids cool with the same impressiveness.