Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max

Options

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    llrickman said:
    Hell i cant even prepay for one. My local dealer here doesnt have a clue and act like they don't really care.

Its a outdoor patio store and wood burning stove place and have one small area devoted to eggs. I really don't think I'll purchase it from im not happy with the customer service i get from them.

I'll probably go back to Lubbock for a visit and pick it up from Ray at Outdoor Chef where i bought my original egg. 
    ot but if you visit ray grab some of his custom rubs they are top notch, I like his competition hog rub.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    RRP said:

Your'e right, I am sure they are doing it all on their own. Maybe your bff Ardie will give you a job in R&D. If they only had your expertise!
    Me? HEY - he has been YOUR bf buddy from day one! Bury the hatchet. 
    C'mon now where is the fun in that  :-) Grudges were made to be held. Peace out!
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    edited September 2014
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    llrickman said:
    Hell i cant even prepay for one. My local dealer here doesnt have a clue and act like they don't really care.

Its a outdoor patio store and wood burning stove place and have one small area devoted to eggs. I really don't think I'll purchase it from im not happy with the customer service i get from them.

I'll probably go back to Lubbock for a visit and pick it up from Ray at Outdoor Chef where i bought my original egg. 
    ot but if you visit ray grab some of his custom rubs they are top notch, I like his competition hog rub.

Oh I definitely will I have used some of his rubs never been disappointed in any of them. I never have used his competition hog rub though seen him talk about it on Facebook
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Look, it took them this long to copy the kamado joe jr, let's just give them the time they need to copy how to distribute it. It's hard when you're general motors your whole life, and then wake up one day to be following behind Toyota. They will get there, eventually..
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I designed and wrapped this Mini in about 30 mins and it shipped to Afghanistan. I was a car salesmen. How damn hard can it be for engineers?

imagePhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

THAT is a GUT-BUSTING out loud laugher!  Oh man, I needed that today!  Many thanks and while I won't hold my breath awaiting the MiniMax arrival, I will continue to wait.  YOU my friend, just made the wait a little funnier!

Many thanks Mickey!

• badinfluence
    Options
    Ya know just get a XXL and b itch that the Joe's don't have one :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • westernbbq
    Options

Just saw the KJ Jr up close and it's available and on sale for around $450.  I hope the BGE MiniMax is priced and optioned competitively to this one.  And hopefully they can beat the Nov 1 day they anticipate.

I am loyal to BGE but the availability and sale they're running on KJ Jr right now are awfully tempting...

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

Just saw the KJ Jr up close and it's available and on sale for around $450.  I hope the BGE MiniMax is priced and optioned competitively to this one.  And hopefully they can beat the Nov 1 day they anticipate.

I am loyal to BGE but the availability and sale they're running on KJ Jr right now are awfully tempting...

I agree, I just hope I can wait.....

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @westernbbq‌ Costco is selling the Joe Jr for $350 if you happen to live by one that is having the road show.
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    Lit said:
    @westernbbq‌ Costco is selling the Joe Jr for $350 if you happen to live by one that is having the road show.

Worth checking out. Just saying....
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Lit said:

Lit- thanks for the insight.  There's a Costco  which I belong to about 2 miles from my house.

Unsure of the roadshow but i'll check it out...

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    If I saw a jr for $350 I would give up waiting and take the plunge. It looks like the perfect size for a second BBQ. I have a large and use it a lot, last night I just made 2 chicken thighs, the jr would be perfect for that!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Lit
    Options
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I'm afraid that won't help me much, I'm in Canada
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @GlennM‌ with the way things are goin you could probably walk to Georgia before the max is available.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I'm sure the max will be fun.out the gate
    No woo to raise grid, I never once cooked on the mini without the woo.
    Mod mod mod after spending $500. Hmm
    Seattle, WA
  • westernbbq
    Options

Hey Lit-

thanks for the list Lit!  If they were having the roadshow near me ( Phoenix, AZ) and had it for $350, I'd buy one today.  Maybe this is the cosmic mojo forces telling me to wait for the MiniMax.

IF it looks like it'll go past Nov 1, I am leaning toward the KJ JR, even if I can't get it on the Costco Roadshow spectacular deal.  I've been to Costco at least one time every other week this summer and never saw it here on display.  Crazy.  I just need  a smaller grill to augment my XL and LG BGE's and the MiniMax, if the dang thing was available would work perfectly. 

My patience will remain but if pricing is too high, then KJ Jr.  it is.  BGE should reward those of us loyals who waited patiently by making it available at a lower price ($350?)  Wishful thinking,,, 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Still I-) waiting for my MAX...
    When I get it it's gonna be glorious \:D/
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Does anyone know how much the mini max will weigh?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options

Right now about the same as a Unicorn...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Per MS approx 70# complete with lump.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    Hopefully it will fulfill everyones expectations...especially since nobodys ever actually used one in practicum. Time will tell.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Still I-) waiting for my MAX... When I get it it's gonna be glorious \:D/
    This is what I'll be like when I first get my Mini Max!!!!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CincyTiki
    Options
    Question: if the cooking grate on the MiniMax is the same as the small, wouldn't all the accessories for the small work with the MiniMax right out of the gate? Like the CGS Small Woo?
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    CincyTiki said:

Question: if the cooking grate on the MiniMax is the same as the small, wouldn't all the accessories for the small work with the MiniMax right out of the gate? Like the CGS Small Woo?

Not necessarily as the distance from the top of the fire ring to the top of the base is much less than a Small. The platesetter legs are noticeably shorter than those on a Small PS. The Woo might be too tall for the Max as it will raise up into the dome but I don't know for sure if it'll be too tall.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • CincyTiki
    Options
    Interesting, thanks
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @YEMTrey‌ =)) Yep pretty much!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Options
    I can't figure out why anyone would wait for the mini max. The KJ junior is awesome and its not short like the max so you can only go direct and its not slow to temp like the small. I will probably still get a mini max to give it a shot but I doubt it will have any better qualities.
  • SmyrnaGA
    Options
    @Lit‌, I picked up a KJ jr @ Costco and noticed the bottom vent doesn't close all the way. The door slides stops on flush to the ceramic, but the metal where it stops have a little piece sticking out making a leak. Is your like this?

I called KJ and sent them the picture, so far no response...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    No ember protection screen on KJ's?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014