Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Banana Peppers

Options
Our garden this year has been in overdrive and I found myself with a bunch of hot banana peppers. In trying to figure out what to do, I remembered one of my favorite restaurant dishes of all time. Johnny's Bar in Cleveland is a fantastic Old-School Italian restaurant and one of their signature dishes is stuffed banana peppers. I decided to recreate and cook on the Egg. I started with about a half pound total of ground beef, pork, and turkey. I mixed the meat with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Basil, Garlic, an Egg, and Salt and Pepper. I took my banana peppers and cut off the stem and hollowed out the seeds. I then stuffed them with the meat mixture. I set up my Egg Indirect at 350. While it was heating, I heated some oil in my cast iron skillet and put the stuffed peppers in to get some color on them. Once that was done, I added about a cup or so of Marinara Sauce to the pan and then out the whole thing on the Egg. It cooked for about 25-30 minutes and u added more Parmesan on too with about 5 minutes to go. These were really, really good. The peppers softened up as they cooed and all the flavors came together. I will definitely be doing this one again.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments