Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm staying with nola...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @henapple - you're totally welcome to stay with us.  We have a futon bed in an extra room.

Update: It looks like I've reserved the old Michael's restaurant - AKA Warren's Corner for the event. I'm trying to get a band for the evening party, but I might resort to a PA if nothing pans out.  Either way, we're on schedule. 
    Options
    @henapple - you're totally welcome to stay with us.  We have a futon bed in an extra room.

Update: It looks like I've reserved the old Michael's restaurant - AKA Warren's Corner for the event. I'm trying to get a band for the evening party, but I might resort to a PA if nothing pans out.  Either way, we're on schedule. 
    Yeah, I'm guessing quite a few might need a PA (Public Attorney) by the time this thing wraps up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I'm ready. I will be done on September 1. I will bring my egg on over and drop it off. I got a clone PBC I'm bringing as well if space permits.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH and I talked.   He's now an official sponsor.  I urge everyone who can to come down for a good time and good food.  Sept 20th  Details to follow.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    The whole Horton clan is coming my friend!!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    As you know I'm local. I aint missing this event even though LSU is playing Miss St on that date. Lemme know if I can be of help.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Landry's Egg
    Options
    I might be in as well. Do you have enough eggs? I will need help getting the egg to where it needs to go. I don't have a truck to transport from Metry. 

How come Nola doesn't have eggfest yet?

SL
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    Depending on the weekend I'm in.  I have 2 Large BGE that I can bring.

Steve

• SGH
    Options
    Can't wait to meet you fellows.^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    You guys may need this....
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ Do we have the details on the brisket camp? I may join you guys if there is room for a couple more.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    @Hotch‌
    I can tell you for sure there is plenty of room so come on down my brother. Nola rented a event center for it. Not sure the name of it. I will speak to him tonight and have him post all the details for y'all. But again any and everyone is more than welcome.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hotch said:

@nolaegghead‌ Do we have the details on the brisket camp? I may join you guys if there is room for a couple more.

Bring it. More the merrier.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Landry's Egg - That would be wonderful - I will have a truck from Thursday to Sunday.  PM (message me on the forum with your phone number if you're serious!)
    TigerTony - I'll be disappointment if you can't make it Tony, and I should have the game on
    Hotch - Plenty of room. C'mon down!
    bayouegger - private message me, I'm working that out.  I might need another egg.

Options
    UPDATE:

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I have Warren's Corner booked the entire weekend.  This is the old Michael's Cajun restaurant on the corner of Olivier and Patterson on the river road looking right at the french quarter from the Algiers side.  It's next to the Old Point Bar - literally 25 feet away. 

I have people coming in from out of town and in town.  It is open to all.  We will be cooking as early as Friday night but we'll start up some briskets (prep and such) on Sat morning. 

We'll be cooking stuff to eat night and day Sat until Sunday morning. 

Saturday afternoon and evening we'll just party.  Come and go.  I have a 2000 watt sound system and trying to book a bad band. 

I'm throwing in 4 cases of tequila, a 16 gallon keg and all the mixers and other booze I have laying around the house. 

We're going to recruit some locals to do pot luck side dishes.  Lawyers will be available, friends of mine here: http://www.digiulioutley.com/

Do not drink and drive.  I will call you a cab or find you a ride or put you on a couch.  I'll try staying sober but I have the feeling the Porsche and BMW motorcycle keys will be taken from me early.  I'll attempt to stay sober enough to pick up people from the airport. 

I'll whip up a flyer with more details but it's on.
    Options
    And SGH will have some heavy duty professional cooking equipment and an assortment of different types of cooks. 

Just look for the smoke - you'll be able to see it from New Orleans East towards the bridge.
    Options
    I gave my number and told my BGE dealer to let the local distributor who works for the mother ship to know we're doing a shin-dig.  So maybe he'll call and at least attend.  And maybe he'll throw in some coozies or other corporate swag.  I promise nothing here, just mentioning it.   I picked up some DP seasoning while we were in the vicinity of my BGE dealer (including the fajita -ey whatever it's called new stuff, well, new to me)  Used that tonight.  Good.
    Sounds to me like the streams are going to be crossed.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Sounds to me like the streams are going to be crossed.

And by that you mean that they will piddle on each other's shoes.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    Options
    @Foghorn, at the very least.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Sounds like tons of fun , I just browsed Sea to NO tickets....a bit rich. I'd join in if closer for sure.
    Seattle, WA
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    @SkinnyV Hey you can make plans to come down to NOLA when my N.O. Saints host your Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship game in teh Superdome :) 
    I hope. 
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Hotch
    Options

Ok ready to go. Plane tickets, car rental and hotel all setup.

See you guys on Friday the 19th.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Hotch, where are you staying?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We are at the Roosevelt. It's 1.5 miles from there on foot. I guess there is a pedestrian bridge from the quarter to there? 6 miles by car. can't wait. 

I'll send down a care package ahead of time with some post oak chunks and other goodies in there. Is there a good grocery store nearby where we can get fun stuff to cook and nosh on during the day saturday?

Should I send my AR and stone down too? I can roll platesetter if I need to.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    NOLA, we are planning on coming in, but still not sure if my arm/shoulder is up to the long drive over.  If the arthropod gives his blessing we will be there.  Is there a Marroitt near?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    We are at the Roosevelt. It's 1.5 miles from there on foot. I guess there is a pedestrian bridge from the quarter to there? 6 miles by car. can't wait. 

I'll send down a care package ahead of time with some post oak chunks and other goodies in there. Is there a good grocery store nearby where we can get fun stuff to cook and nosh on during the day saturday?

Should I send my AR and stone down too? I can roll platesetter if I need to.

You could walk if you take the ferry, but there's no bridge to walk across (of course, you can take your car on the ferry as well).

There is a Rouse's downtown - probably 4 or 5 blocks from the Roosevelt - that is quite good (and like all good grocery stores has a good wine/beer/liquor selection)
    NOLA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    NOLA, we are planning on coming in, but still not sure if my arm/shoulder is up to the long drive over.  If the arthropod gives his blessing we will be there.  Is there a Marroitt near?

There are both a Mariott and a JW Mariott right at the foot of Canal St.  There is also a Residence Inn and a Springhill Suites (that's Mariott, right?) in the Warehouse District.

All of the above are on the "East Bank" of the river, but an easy ferry ride or drive across the bridge to the festivities.

NOLA
  • Hotch
    Options
    @Hotch, where are you staying?
    I think it is  New Orleans West Bank / Gretna La Quinta Inn. May be a dive but it is close and in my budget. I figure this is like an Eggfest, only need the room to sleep and shower.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX