Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game Face Kabobs and Cameo by @HuskerMaMa

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited September 2014 in EggHead Forum
Great Day of Sunday NFL. As predicted the Jags choked. Broncos over the Colts Woot Woot!
Went and picked up some fresh produce and proteins at Publix.

Chicken breast cubed, Skirt Steak sliced and mild sausage sliced and then partially froze. Marinated the chicken and steak in a homemade marinate of Balsamic vinegar, red cooking wine, Worcestershire, miniscule salt, Bad Byrons, dehydrated minced onions, cilantro, honey and Chipotle. Refrigerated in the marinate for around 4 hrs.

Egg set-up 315℉-350℉ raised direct.
imageimage

Rained pretty intense the entire time.
imageimage

Plated.

Dessert...Pitted and quartered peaches, drizzled them with honey and dusted with very lite fresh ground black pepper. Raised direct 350℉ until soft throughout. Topped with room temp whipped marscapone cheese.
imageimageimage

Then HuskerMaMa made some paleo banana breads (2) and carrot cake. Was super moist and was hard to believe it was gluten free and paleo.
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Brother the food and the pics look absolutely phenomenal. I agree a great day of football for sure. The weather over here was pretty bad most of the day as well. I wish a few of the games would have had a different out come though. Again your food looks excellent as usual brother husker. Solid for sure!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I tried to like & agree with your post but it won't let me chose both. That is outstanding my friend!!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    You had me at carrot cake & banana bread! :D

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    How did you like the skirt steak?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Solid food, man. Your wife can do some nice technical cooks.

Yeah, I'm bummed the dirty birds beat us in overtime.  Colston usually doesn't fumble. 

Did you leave your black light on for those pics?  They're showing up with purple tint.  My velvet Elvis just lit up behind me and my monitor when I opened this thread....
    Options
    Solid cook, +2 stars for the healthy part.
    I welcome some lighter side of eggin myself.
    Seattle, WA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Good football food.

I'm thrilled about the Broncos win, especially since I have J. Thomas on my fantasy team. Looks like the offense is gonna roll like last year. Worried about the defense though. I thought they shored it up this offseason. Didn't get to watch much of the game, but it sounds like they gave Luck a chance at the end.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Great looking food. I'm sure it tasted even better.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Did you leave your black light on for those pics?  They're showing up with purple tint.  My velvet Elvis just lit up behind me and my monitor when I opened this thread....

Thanks man! Nope no black light. Although that would give a cool psychedelic look B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Thanks @SkinnyV‌ That was my wife's first go at paleo breads/cakes. It was surprisingly flavorful and moist. Now she's pushing for me to roll out some gluten free/paleo pizzas. We'll see ;-)
    OBTH that was my first time doing kabobs on the egg.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Nicely done, Sir. We had a bit of rain Saturday, but not like that. Didn't get in the way of my cooking.

Got any info on that banana bread. I need to try and eat more paleo again. Looked at a few recipes yesterday, but I didn't have coconut flour (they all seemed to call for that and almond) so I just used a regular recipe. Did she cook it on the Egg?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Nice cook man!  Loving everything about it!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Great post, I love the animated rain pic and the weather report! Looks like you had a delicious Sunday night dinner.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Awesome start to finish
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @stemc33‌ thanks! Ya I was happy we won. However, when we totally dominate defensively the 1st half and then give a hohum performance the second half it shows where Jack Delrio needs to focus attention. But, nonetheless it's a notch in the W column. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Griffin‌ I'll PM later after work with the recipe once I'm able to get with my wife. And no not on the egg. Had I had my MAX it would've been. :-(
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Really, really nice work
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thank you Everybody. B-)
    @SGH‌ the skirt steak worked ok for kabobs although I would normal use it on stir fry. Would you recommend a different cut for kabobs?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Brother husker for kabobs I will use about anything. But usually I go with chuck eye steaks. They favor ribeye in taste but are considerably cheaper. Kind of hard to beat for the money. Again all your grub looks fantastic!!

Status- Standing by.

• wannabeegger
    Options
    Recipe for gluten free breads?
  • wannabeegger
    Options
    Never mind just read the above comments.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @griffin & @wannabeegger‌
    The paleo recipe was derived from againstallgrains.com the only substitute of honey was organic coconut palm sugar. Excellent results. And I'm a gluten loving guy so go figure. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014