Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple steak dinner

Started with a double thick prime ny strip. imageimage Coated it liberally with salt and pepper. image Cooked it on the egg @ 250 until the thermapen registered 125. image Seared it on a super hot cast iron pan for 30 seconds a side. image Served it with a couple wiz baked potatoes. image
I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Yes sir

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    That's a really nice looking steak. I've been all in on searing my steaks on CI lately as well.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Hawg Fan. I love the look of grill marks but I find the CI gives a more uniform sear.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    You say simple I say outstanding. That's a mans meal. Meat, meat and potatoes. Doesn't get much better than that. Excellent job my friend. Now where's mine? ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.