Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday's Twisted Lollipops

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited September 2014 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday (Friday) was our 16th year anniversary and we celebrated by going out to a local favorite of ours. Started out with approximately 40 wings from Publix. My wife much prefers lollipops now so that's what I did. And just like a deboned and galantined yard bird I have gotten faster at lollipops (40+/- 2 or 3 took 15 minutes). Marinated in one jar of Grandma's Molasses and Bad Byrons (heated the molasses up to allow for a thin consistency and quickly mixed in the BB & poured over the the meat and allowed to marinate in the frig several hours while I watched some college football. imageimage I decided to wrap them in bacon. Wrapped about half in turkey bacon and the the other half in center cut bacon (not thick cut). Twisted it around the lollipop in a figure eight so there was no need for a toothpick etc. image I put some foil on the exposed bone for most of the cook. Set-up was indirect at 275℉-300℉.... First batch (turkey bacon wrapped). image A POV pic of my wife playing pool with our Son (taken by my wife). image The first batch (turkey bacon wrapped) pulled & plated. imageimage Second batch (center cut bacon wrapped) is on. Then pulled & plated. imageimageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments