Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a new grate for my egg!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
000_0224.jpg
<p />I need a new grate for my egg, is there any other options other than the original? Thanks in Advance !!![p]PS. Has anyone got a recipe for grilled grapefruit?

Comments

• MakoBBQ
    MakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Options
    Cap'em Bob,
    Nice Grapefruit tree!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Cap'em Bob,[p]For my LGE, a Weber replacement grate fits just fine, plus it has little handles on the sides. (Home Depot $10 or so). BGE also sells a cast iron grate that is really nice.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Cap'em Bob,
    Are you looking for a new grilling grate or the lower grate in the firebox?

• Cap'em Bob,
    I am looking for a top grate, has anyone had any expierence with the cast iron grate?

• Doc
    Doc Posts: 8
    Options
    Cap'em Bob,
    I'm new to the BGE clan, but have alot of expierence with cast iron grates. They work wonderfully in conventional grills. Once cured, they perform well and last a long time. They do have a tendency to rust in our high humidity enviornment. A little olive or vegatable oil helps. Depending on their shape, they do have a tendency to collect drippings and crust over, however, high heat application will burn it off. I will probably switch to CI if and when I wear out what I have.

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Doc, Don't wait till what you have wears out. You might be waiting for quite awhile. Gittum while the gittin's good. You will be glad you did.

• Essex County
    Options
    Cap'em Bob,
    Ok, you were probably joking about egging grapefruits but I've had good luck broiling them with sugar or even a little maple syrup on the top. Maybe you could do something similar inverted on the egg. Get some good grill marks. Cut the sections loose and hit it with a shot of vodka...[p]Paul

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Essex County,
    pineapple is great too, with a little cayenne pepper.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante