Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to cook baby bok choy?

How to cook baby bok choy?

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Wok
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2014
    Treat the stalks like celery, the leaves like a chard. Stir fry is my choice, I remove the larger stalk pieces and throw them in the wok right after the onions have started to clear up. The leaves will wilt very quickly so just warm them. Many of my recipes use scallions or green onions and the BBC leaves go in just after the onion tops. 

Great with a Thai sweet chill sauce right out of the bottle, like a tossed warm salad. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Should I blanch them first?

What dish are you planning? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • paqman
    Will have them as a side for steak. I wonder if they would be good on the grill?

• We steam with minced garlic in the wok and then drizzle with Oyster sauce before serving
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    I trim the leaves, then halve them longwise, marinate a couple of hours in a robust Italian dressing (I cheat and use a Wishbone store bought hearty Italian) then salt pepper and hit them direct at 400 flipping once or twice every 90 secs for 6 minutes or until charred to your liking! They are delicious!
  • Do it like the grilled romaine but use 50/50 EVOO and sesame oil
    I like this idea, but I'd use a Sweet Thai Chili sauce - Should be able to split them in half - check one first BBC can have a bitter side.....
  • paqman
    Thanks everyone! We ended up blanching them for one minute in salted water then we sautéed them in clarified butter. I saw @The Cen-Tex Smoker‌ comment while they were cooking and thought it was a good idea so we added a little sesame oil at the end. They were very good! This was done in the kitchen... I also grilled one on the egg, not bad but the leaf carbonized. Next time, I'll try with Thai chili sauce as suggested by @Skiddymarker‌ (didn't have any in the pantry). Main course was Wagyu ribeye grilled on the egg.

imageimage

@Bustersdad‌ @Bayarad‌ good ideas as well, will be on my to do list.

nice meal you made have there
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now