Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Aged Wagyu Ribeye - Teaser

Options
2»

Comments

• FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    If you can get one untrimmed, I'd beg you to try it. If you like the crisp crust of a finely done roast beef, the aged rind is even better by a substantial amount. It may be unsightly for the timid among us, but it softens under melted fat, and crisps like bacon for those with a modicum of courage

This particular piece has a decent amount of dark purple-ish trim left on it. I have not, and may not have the stomach do eat it like bacon.. but I may try on something aged around 4 weeks, IF I ever decide to try something like that.. Wow! :)
  • SenecaTheYounger
    SenecaTheYounger Posts: 368
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's (the exterior) nothing more than beef jerky, condensed air dried beef.

Have no fear
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Has anyone ordered from these people?  I am looking to get a few nice steaks for the weekend..Thinking Dry aged Wagyu, just looking for a source, since nobody in JAX has it.
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    Oh dear Lord that Wagyu is sexy. Drooling at breakfast. Know what I'm doing for dinner.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    It looks amazing!! I would like to have some by tomorrow night!!  Anyone know of a source in Jacksonville?  Or ND delivery?
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    edited September 2014
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    It looks amazing!! I would like to have some by tomorrow night!!  Anyone know of a source in Jacksonville?  Or ND delivery?

If you're looking to order online, order from here:

Get in contact with them first, and tell them exactly what you're looking for. It took me 3 days to finally place my order, since I am extremely picky, and even received pictures of all the steaks I ordered. 

These are the pictures I received from Joey (@ Fairway)..

If you look closely, you can see on the tag, my name (Nick) and my order. I would only buy if I could see what I was ordering. 

And the cut steaks:

6-18oz bone in Wagyu strips, 50-day dry aged. Absolutely to die for. And yes, I would order from them again. 

Their Prime is outstanding as well. Bone-in Filet, Piedmontese beef, anything dry aged, burger blends, etc. 

A++ doesn't get better then this, if you're looking for the real deal. 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Damn that looks tasty.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA