Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max

I called the mother ship yesterday and spoke to Duane in Customer Service about availability of the MM.
He told me "the first of November"
In the discussion, he said the factor in taking that long, was that this was a new experience for BGE in that it would be a single-box setup, nest and all.
Bring it on!
:-c
John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon

Comments

• Putting it all in one box.  Must really create a shipping nightmare.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    :-@ Ya ya ya. Was told by MS End of July, then late September early October. Now November #-o

They're building a box to hold the entire egg ceramics and nest I get that. But, they're not designing a NASA rocket. Don't show a product you're not able to sell. Don't get me wrong I've already prepaid for my MAX and I can't wait to get it. But, this song and dance is getting old.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    shouldnt be too hard, vision was sending their kub grills though usps all over the country in one box
    :D copy their box
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    There are plenty of professional container manufacturers who specialize in packaging. I find it hard to believe BGE didn't contract with one and have packaging properly designed and delivered in a mere matter of days! But months now trying to figure it out by themselves??? Come on...there's more to this story! Granted the boxes I buy from U-Line are stock items but even little ol' me gets next day delivery!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

No matter the wait, it'll be worth it.  I am a loyal customer for life of BGE. I don't think they'd be playing games with their customer base.  And, as I've posted here before, this is like a 10 year old kid waiting for the latest video game at Christmas, or  a new bike.  But, when I got a new bike as a kid in Wisconsin, I couldn't ride it anyway because of the weather.  Weather never stops BGE usage!  Now that I live in AZ, the BGE can be used all year.

I've got a standing order for the first two MiniMaxes that are delivered to my local bbq place.

Let's hope Nov 1, on or before is the delivery date.

• itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410

OK...so what IS the minimax?  I keep reading about it, but I'm not sure.

Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    itsmce said:

OK...so what IS the minimax?  I keep reading about it, but I'm not sure.

Keep reading!
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/blog/minimax/

Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Haven't you MM lovers figured out that BGE just bought stock in KJ and the Mini Max was secretly leaked to help drive up the sales of the KJ jr??
    That was only a joke and I have no info that says otherwise but I would bet money the JR sales have picked up since as @RRP puts it the "Unicorn" was first discussed

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NOOO!!!  DO NOT COPY THE VISION KUB PACKAGING!!!!

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @RRP‌
    Brother the Unicorn comparison was priceless!!!! I normally on give this to outstanding cooks but that was the best comment I have read on the forum to date. So I'm honored to give your comment above the SGH seal of approval my friend. Good call!!! I love it!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hell i cant even prepay for one. My local dealer here doesnt have a clue and act like they don't really care.

Its a outdoor patio store and wood burning stove place and have one small area devoted to eggs. I really don't think I'll purchase it from im not happy with the customer service i get from them.

I'll probably go back to Lubbock for a visit and pick it up from Ray at Outdoor Chef where i bought my original egg. 
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • RRP said:
    There are plenty of professional container manufacturers who specialize in packaging. I find it hard to believe BGE didn't contract with one and have packaging properly designed and delivered in a mere matter of days! But months now trying to figure it out by themselves??? Come on...there's more to this story! Granted the boxes I buy from U-Line are stock items but even little ol' me gets next day delivery!!!
    Your'e right, I am sure they are doing it all on their own. Maybe your bff Ardie will give you a job in R&D. If they only had your expertise!
  • NPHuskerFL
    I would think a HD cardboard box, then a injected mold of Styrofoam to nestle the egg and nest exterior and another injected Styrofoam mold to secure the ceramic innards. Hey, I'm not an engineer. I'm just a HVAC/R guy but, if they can ship a $23K Ice Cream machine similarly without a scratch upon delivery the egg can be done too. I think eggheads have (& are) MORE than patient. BGE it's time to Nut Up & Git-R-Done!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Preach it brother husker! Enough is enough!!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• In my business, manufacturers often purchase their competitors product and reverse engineer them. There ARE similarly sized kamados, packaged with stands and accessories in one box from which to gain inspiration....available now. Very nice boxes. I've seen them with my own eyes. (Call me crazy but I doubt its the box causing the wait...)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • NPHuskerFL
    @SGH‌ fictitious deadlines and unicorns don't put a MAX in customers hands. Plenty of folks want to purchase this egg. Pretty pathetic it's being held up by packaging for safe shipment. I'm totally stoked to get mine. Although I was hoping to use it during this summer at the beach. But, I spect when they get here is when they get here. It just seems silly to me that's all.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Brother I agree 100%. Everyday that goes by someone gets tired of waiting and buys the Joe Jr. instead.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    That's probably true. Won't be happening with me though. I'll wait.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I just ate a tri tip off a brand new junior a buddy picked up from Costco. Would have been a mini max but, well, its still not available.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Some day we'll look back on this and it'll all seem funny ....
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887

Your'e right, I am sure they are doing it all on their own. Maybe your bff Ardie will give you a job in R&D. If they only had your expertise!
    Me? HEY - he has been YOUR bf buddy from day one! Bury the hatchet. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2014
    RRP said:

Me? HEY - he has been YOUR bf buddy from day one! Bury the hatchet. 

Oooh it's on like Donkey Kong!

imageimageimage
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Brother husker you told me how to post links. Now can you tell me how to post clips like you did above? Thanks in advance.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    @SGH‌ Save the gif to your device and then post as if posting a pic but, must click back onto image and select "insert image". Then click back onto the thumbnail and select delete so there isn't a duplicate.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    @SGH‌ NP man.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited September 2014
    I designed and wrapped this Mini in about 30 mins and it shipped to Afghanistan. I was a car salesmen. How damn hard can it be for engineers?

imagePhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    @Mickey‌
    Preach it brother Mic!!

Status- Standing by.