Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Working at home...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm working at home today - the BGE is only a few (20) feet away - I was out of beef jerky so guess what's on the bbq - think about me at about 3pm this afternoon - a cold brew and fresh beef jerky - have a great day - Life is GOOD!
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Oh yeah? Well I'm working at the office, will have to work through lunch to prepare for a 1pm meeting, then will drive to Hoboken for school until 10pm.[p]Despite those, life is still good...[p]Complainfed
  • Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Gfw,
    And you call that work? Pulled Pork Saturday. Yes life is good, even better with an egg or two>
    Fireball

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Made some brisket jerkey last weekend, pretty good stuff. It wasn't more than a day or two and it was gone. Man tha stuff is good. I have the fixins for more thawing as we speak, on tap for this weekend or early next week. Dont "work" too hard.[p]Troy
  • Anthony Up North
    Options
    Gfw,[p]
    There are two ways of looking at what you are doing. Not working but idling, loafing, lounging, or lazing. All the opposite of working. That is the conventional (stuffy???) view.[p]Then you might be working in a different sense. Working is exerting physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something. (You are doing that.)[p]Or working is something that one is doing, making, or performing, especially as an occupation (your egging certainly appears to be an occupation) or undertaking; a duty or task (certainly it is your duty to keep good food on the table for self and family). An amount of such activity either done or required. (you have to eat)[p]Finally working can be considered an artistic creation, such as a painting, sculpture, or literary or musical composition; a work of art. (the dictionary forgot to mention such as creating a beautiful rack of baby backs.)[p]Anyway, you get the picture. Yes, indeed I think you are WORKING![p]Enjoy your day. [p]Anthony

• Gfw
    Options
    Anthony Up North… Love your methodology and thought process. [p]Many days (and today is one) I'm just a 'coder' (write software, websites, etc) and need little more than a computer and a fast broadband connection to do what I do - at the ripe old age of 54, I enjoy the fact that I...
    1) Have a very understanding employer; and,
    2) Can half-way keep up with the kids (those under 30); and,
    3) Don’t need to go to my real office - technology is great; and,
    4) Can get more done that I can if I go to my real office; and,
    5) It took me a lot of years to get to this point, but on average I work at home about 2 days every week![p]Now you know why the expression… Life is Good![p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,
    Nature Boy (king of work at home'ers) is gone so you're taking his place I guess. He sent me some beef jerky he made with your recipe just before he left for Idaho. It was vac packed - neat! It was good too! He said it was brisket done with no wood at all and via your recipe. It was tangy, I think he added some jerk seasonings which gave it a bite -- I liked it alot. It had a good bit of smokey flavor so adding wood was needed at all. I have to do a load again sometime soon.[p]Tim

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Me too. The batch I made last weekend is almost gone (much of it devoured by a friend who told me he couldn't stand beef jerky...before he tasted this). [p]I'm thinking of trying turkey this time.[p]Cathy

• Gfw
    Options
    MVC-094F.JPG
    <p />Cat, never tried turkey jerkey. The picture is todays results - should hold me till about Sunday. [p]Tim - if you see this post - give it a try - kind of like the ribs/foil thing - love jerky![p]

• Yes! And I had some friends that stated they didn't like turkey smoked, after they came over to dinner, with their kids. I didn't say anything and when they left they wanted to know how to cook turkey the way we had it. I told them it was smoked and they didn't say anything. Come to find out they had never eaten smoked turkey before and had made their minds up from looking at the dark smoked turkeys in the supermarket. This turkey only weighed 10 lb and all that was left was one leg and one thigh. You know it was good when they don't leave seconds.[p]N.W.

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    N.W.,[p]Isn't this fun? [p]Cathy
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Yep, life was good here too until after 12 years my wife decided she had enough of the "Home Office" crap. Hd to move the office into a real office now so she only gets egg food on week-ends...her loss hehehe

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,[p]I will try it - not sure when. What cut of meat is this?? Looks like what NB sent me but his was darker yet.[p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Options
    Tim M, I've tried most of the other cuts and havce pretty much settled on brisket. BBQ is GOOD!