Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Briskets (2) on Adj Rig Setup

Options

The results of a 15 hour cook (12 lbs each @235) and no foil wrap were nothing short of spectacular.  The adj rig setup knocks out two full briskets quite easily.  The BBQ Guru helped maintain the even temperature and these slabs were made for a Labor Day party at a friend's house and well, all of the meat got eaten like a fresh kill of an impala on the savannah.

I did put some sweet beer in the drip pan.  dry rub was salt and pepper.  mighty tasty

Comments

• GaryLange
    Options
    Looks really good! Wish I could have gotten some of that meat.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Looks fantastic!!!  How are you liking the AR?  Might be getting one.

XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    Looks fantastic!!!  How are you liking the AR?  Might be getting one.

hey thanks for the props- the Adjustable Rig has provided several benefits, namely, multiple levels to cook briskets, baby back ribs, spatch chix, smoked burgers, and even two levels of pork shoulders.  I've even gotten the adj rig set up for the large and can do four 9 lb shoulders.

But, the AR setup with the spider and stone for XL from CGS for large or XL (which is pictured with these briskets) solves a few problems:  1) the oval grids keep items like briskets, ribs and shoulders away from the direct heat and therefore don't burn on the edges. 2) you can do the multiple levels, you can slide the oval grids out to flip and baste 3) you can add smoking wood chunks or some lump charcoal along the side too- for a long cook, I was sprinkling cherry wood chips on the fire periodically.  can't really do that with the platesetter. and 4) you can cook multiple things simultaneously, like corn in the husk, baked potatoes, and then steaks down below (I do new yorks on cast iron grid indirect and they are incredible). 

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Shame on you for wasting that beer. :)
    I don't don't believe it does anything.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Shame on you for wasting that beer. :) I don't don't believe it does anything.

I of all people appreciate the precious resource that is beer and wouldn't intentionally waste it. ;-)   Try a  little as a baste for a brisket or make some brats and keep them in a beer hot tub a la Sheboygan style and you'll never go back....

Beer, football, meat, Big Green Egg.  Perfection!