Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some good press

Options

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Ya that was a pretty good read. Although he said one con was not good heat control during direct cooking.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Too bad he doesn't have some one proofread! Ed Fisher was the founder, developer, owner! Not somebody named Ed Levine!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    Options
    Looks like I must be in the minority here but saying some guy named Ed Levine was the founder, developer, brains etc of BGE is such a slap in Ed Fisher's face! I know history books are being rewritten every year about the USA, but now even our beloved egg is being credited to some fictional Levine person! And this is the CORPORATE sponsored BGE forum besides? geeeez!
  • RRP
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am NOT having a hissy fit! I just can't believe that members of this forum are going to let this INACCURATE crap just pass on by! If you read some of the other lies said about the egg and are willing to let them ride as well then I guess knowing the real, PROUD history of the BGE and the proud shoulders that this forum members now stand on doesn't mean anything? I wonder what Arnie's last name is...
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2014
    Options

Stop. Stop.  You're killin' me!

=))

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• EggerinLA
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @RRP it looks like they corrected the article- it says Ed Fisher now instead of Ed Levine.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I think Bruce from BGE should have had a brisket already ready to pull so that Steve could have sampled the finished product while he was there. What makes the BGE so unique is that you can successfully smoke a brisket without marinating, injecting, wrapping or using a water pan for that matter and have a great result.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

What's a convEggtor? Are we making up new words now?

I have a real hard time liking Raichlen (and/or his publicity staff) these days. When he started stealing photos off his BBQ Bible board and posting them on FB and claiming they were his own? That crossed a line and I quit posting cooks over there. He did this to me and another member here. I won't mention his name, but he is very respected here and will speak up if and when he sees this. If he feels like it.

That being said, I did enter to win his BGE anyway, lol. I'll either take it down to the ranch or sell it and buy more beer brewing equipment. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Griffin that's the old platesetter! Did you also notice they now also label BGE lump as 100% organic? lol.
    I'm guessing you must be referring to the co wing king ;)
    btw, congrats to Mrs. G and you on the new family addition! 
    canuckland
  • Griffin
    Options

@Canuegghead I figured out it was the plate setter, but when and who started calling it a convEggtor?

Had no idea about the lump. Never bought it, never used it, don't know where to buy it in Dallas and don't care either. ;)

I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    What @Griffin said. He did the same thing to me with not giving credit for the photo and placing his name beside it. And he never responded back when I questioned him about it. He had someone else respond for him. And then he did the same thing to Griffin like 2 weeks later. Kinda perturbed me. That being said though, I still have respect for the guy. He knows his barbecue! Still a big fan.
  • Griffin
    Options
    And I still think he needs a new haircut and a wardrobe makeover. The 70's called and they want their hair cut back. =))

Rowlett, Texas

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    check out page 21 @Griffin, lol ... not sure since when though
    http://issuu.com/biggreenegg/docs/bge_v4_web2

canuckland
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    What @Griffin said. He did the same thing to me with not giving credit for the photo and placing his name beside it. And he never responded back when I questioned him about it. He had someone else respond for him. And then he did the same thing to Griffin like 2 weeks later. Kinda perturbed me. That being said though, I still have respect for the guy. He knows his barbecue! Still a big fan.
    @Dyal_SC, nothing burns me up more than someone that steals other art.... It has been done to me a few times (not food related) and it infuriates me to no end.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Griffin The renaming was mentioned here earlier as well.

My guess is they couldn't TM the term "Plate Setter". Who knows.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Regarding dividing the firebox, you can do it nicely with the XL - I do it all the time.  A little more challenging with the large I guess in that you need a divider, but I understand you can do it.

Amazing Ribs also points this out as a drawback to the BGE.  
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY