Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Appetizer Sampler? (edited, pics)

Options
GalanteNate_OneEa
GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
edited September 2014 in EggHead Forum
So this year's fantasy football draft partyI did a few pork shoulders and some apps, as opposed to last years pig.  I injected the shoulders with some honey butter and used a homemade mustard and rub.  They came out pretty good, but on top of pulled pork I also used all of the advice given in one of my previous threads, 

What's Ur Fav BGE Appetizer?

I stuck to the ATB's (who wouldn't?) but I also tried some Pepper-Jack Cheese Stuffed Meatballs and Pig Shots.  I used a blend of pork, veal and beef for the meatballs and seasoned with some italian seasoning, because I was told, "Not everything should be spicy", and formed the meatballs around half/three-quarter inch cubes of cheese.  Pig Shots were a smoked kielbasa  slices (half the width of a bacon strip) wrapped with bacon and secured with a tooth pick.  The cheese filling for the shots and ATB's were the same, I shredded smoked gouda and mixed with cream cheese.

Here are the pics:

HUGE JAPS!

Yeah, added some celery powder to my rub for a smoke ring, was nice to see (even if it's ever so little) but I'm going back to the flavor over looks, lol.

In the end, the meatballs will be sauced next time, and instead of kielbasa I think I'll use sausage, frozen so I can slice it.

Other than that, the food was great!

Comments