Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@SGH Question about your stuffed meatloaf

I was looking at the thread and the pictures but couldn't tell did you cool it in a foil pain start to finish. If do was it elevated off the bottom out of the rendering fat? Or was it cooked on foil right on the grid ? I see it's indirect but just couldn't tell about the foil/pan Thanks think I'll try this tonight if I can weave the bacon lol. I'm going the 1/3rd the recipe
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    The meat loaf was NOT cooked in a pan. However I did lay down a single sheet of heavy duty foil on the cooking grid. I did this because the loaf was so massive it would have been very hard to remove it from the egg without breaking the loaf. The foil was to only aid in removing the loaf from the grid. Good luck with yours and can't wait to see it. Hope you enjoy it my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Ok. I'll put my drip pan on the plate setter to try to keep from getting fat dripping on the PS
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    Once the loaf was done and cooled down a little I transferred it to a aluminum pan. Why? Because it was heavily stuffed with cheese and potatoes and the pan will catch the mess when carving. That was the purpose of the pan.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• llrickman
    Ahhhh ok makes perfect sense
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    Nothing to it my friend. Standing by to see the 1/3 loaf.

Status- Standing by.

• llrickman
    How much bacon did you use to wrap that monster loaf? Think 1lb thick cut will be enough ?
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    For the loaf I posted it took 2 1/2 pounds of bacon to fully encase the entire loaf. But that particular loaf was huge to say the least.

Status- Standing by.

• llrickman
    ok good  i think 1lb or a little over will be plenty . Thanks a bunch
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    If you are 1/3 the loaf 1 pound give or take a little should suffice.

Status- Standing by.