Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Water Hazard

JimEJimE Posts: 158
edited 4:10AM in EggHead Forum
Hello, All:[p]Someone (yours truly) left the Daisy Wheel open on my Egg here in rainy Seattle and the inside is now wet. I've mopped out the standing water, but I'm concerned: Do I need to burn a small fire with the dome maybe propped open six inches to dry things out, or can I proceeed as usual? As you can imagine, I've got some cooking to do this evening (bacon wrapped scallops, game hens w/ orange/brandy glaze, etc.)[p]Thank You and Happy New Year,[p]Jim
·

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Jim,
    i don't think you need to be concerned. sounds like all higher temps for your cooks, so it won't be like the water will be adding thermal mass (during a lo and slo).[p]i'd proceed with no fear![p]I cancelled our rack of lamb, since we have no guests any longer. we switched to scallops/bacon/water-chestnuts, and pheasant (like your game hens), plus other stuff. great minds think alike.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • JimEJimE Posts: 158
    Thanks, Stike. I'm figuring on 300-450°, all told. Have a great dinner.[p]Jim

·
  • PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    Jim, Did the same thing before. After I dried it out best I could, I went ahead with a normal cook. Seemed to get more smoke or steam for just a little time then leveled out. I try to remeber to put my vent stack cover on to keep water out but the thought of the good food I just finished helps me forget often.
    Ben a beautiful day today,
    Poppasam

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Jim,
    you too.
    flying by the seat of my pants on this one!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·