Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza. 3rd times a charm

Options
Made a pizza for the third time tonight , used RRP's dough recipe had a little left over made a small loaf stuffed it with mozzarella and threw on the egg (forgot pics) I do think this was the best pizza I've made yet
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me. Glad that you nailed it. I still haven't produced a good pizza a yet. Going to keep trying though. Again yours looks excellent.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    @SGH‌ I wanna do your stuffed meatloaf but it's just me n SWMBO. You ever done it on a smaller scale ? It looks incredible and she's been wanting meatloaf. Never done one on the egg
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    Options
    I have not. But all you have to do is either 1/2,1/3 or 1/4 the ingredients. It will work the very same. Cooking times will be reduced a little as well. Hope that you make it and enjoy it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• llrickman
    Options
    Thanks I might give it a shot tomorrow if I'm not at the inlaws making chicharonnes on his discit. That's another thing I'm gonna do on my egg in my wok. :) mmm sooo good but not so healthy lol
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Do you do much cooking on a discada?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I built one out of a 22 inch blade but sadly have never used it. It's hanging on the barn wall as we speak.

Status- Standing by.

• llrickman
    Options
    He just got it a few weeks ago and have only had the chance once to cook on it but I plan on using it whenever I get the chance Have the spider and wok for my egg that I can kinda use the same way. This is a local company here in ABQ. they do a "discit roundup " every year plan on going to the next one http://disc-it.com
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • llrickman
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Saw an episode of man fire food I had recorded. Was here in NM cooking the old fashioned way on them Made from plow disc and set on a steel rack over an open fire. Made carne adovada and carnitas. Looked absolutely fabulous.
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • SGH
    Options
    Mine is to big to use on my large egg. May get it down and clean it up and put it to good use. I built mine with a 22 inch blade. Will have to use over a open fire or propane burner. I would love to attend the event myself. Love seeing unique ways of cooking.

Status- Standing by.