Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When I Hunger, I Feed. Tonight's Throw Down.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Most of you know that I have been tied up the last few weeks and have not been able to post any cooks or answer many questions. Well today due to weather I got to leave early. Since I still wouldn't have the opportunity to cook tonight, I thought I would treat myself to something nice to eat instead of the usual fast food that I have been forced to eat as of late. That being said I pulled into the Half Shell Oyster House and commenced to eat like Big Goliath. For starters: 5 dozen chargrilled oysters. imageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SGH
    Next in line and one of my favorites: BBQ Shrimp.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    I thought while sitting here, why not? 8 ounce fillet smothered with shrimp as well. Another one of my favorites.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Funny that when I'm tied up or busy, I never stop to realize "hey I'm not available to answer questions on the egg forum" funny that
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    My cardiologist just texted me and told me to shut down this thread.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SGH
    What would a meal be without sides? French fries, fried okra and grilled asparagus covered with cheese.imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Excellent choice. Looks like you had plenty to wet your appetite, what's next?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    @stemc33‌
    Tomorrow it's shrimp and flounder.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    It's sad but so, all good things must end. Oh well, I live to fight another day my friends. Hope y'all enjoy.imageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    What no Dessert ?
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • SGH
    @cook861‌
    No dessert tonight my friend. I was limited in funds tonight. Seems to be the story of my life as of late.

Status- Standing by.

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Are you 1,000 lbs? I hope so.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • SGH
    @Hibby‌
    No sir. 235 pounds.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @hapster‌
    Thank you brother. I do enjoy eating my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Geez, I'm surprised you left the shrimp tails on the plate.
    Dunedin, FL
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    SGH said:

@Hibby‌
    No sir. 235 pounds.

255 and climbing by now I'm sure...
    Dunedin, FL
  • SGH
    @yzzi‌
    The hulls hurt my stomach bad now that I'm older. I use to could tolerate them to a degree. But not any longer.

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I am a big boy, but even I cannot put that amount away.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    @tarheelmatt‌
    Sadly I'm not to good at many things in life. But when it comes to eating I excel in this arena.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited August 2014
    Hmmm...limited on funds huh.

That is easily over hundo for dinner. Perhaps you'd have more funds if you didn't eat like a family of 3 or 4. Hah.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    @SGH, I am sure you excel at many things more than you lead on to.  I don't like to push away from the table either brother.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    @tarheelmatt‌
    I feel you my friend. I hope that one day we can meet and sit down together and feast. I truly enjoy eating and eating large. And I really enjoy being around folks that like to eat the way I do. It pains me to push away from the table as well. It's my favorite spot in the house!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @cazzy‌
    I can't help it. It's what I enjoy most in life. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. Don't smoke either. But eating is my weakness. I'm pretty good at it too!

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    @sgh I would have gladly paid for that meal just to watch you eat it all. I to love good food bit that my freind is impressive to say the least.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stemc33
    @badinfluence‌, I'm not sure who posted it, but it was somebody that had met him in person said something to the effect of @SGH‌ can put away some food. Not exact words, but that's what I got out of it.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    @stemc33‌ i think it was @Biggreenpharmacist‌ that said that. No matter it is truly impressive eating to say the least
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stemc33
    @stemc33‌ i think it was @Biggreenpharmacist‌ that said that. No matter it is truly impressive eating to say the least

No kidding. They need to have an eating contest at an Eggfest. The grand prize being a XXL BGE. Runner ups get a free $250.00 clock.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    That is truly an impressive feast. I have seen the way you cook also. The only thing that surpasses your ability to eat is your ability I cook!!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SGH
    @jcaspary‌
    Thank you for the very kind words my friend.
    @badinfluence‌
    My friend that is a very kind of you. But I eat that way if it's free or otherwise. Just something that I really enjoy. I hope to see you at Nola's on Sept. 20. Thanks again my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @stemc33‌
    I feel that I could do good enough to at least win the clock! ;)

Status- Standing by.