Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RW Jacksonville FL and surrounding areas

Options
Driving home and on the marquee of my dealer in OP. "We now carry Rockwood Americas #1". So, we did it :-bd Get it local now. :D
Side note: As of right now they are the only local Ace carrying it. However, keep an eye out as I fully expect the other Hagan Ace's to follow suite. Good things. :-)
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Which Ace??? I drive thru Jville on my way to Ormond/Daytona.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DaveRichardson‌
    Hagan Ace Hardware
    1022 Blanding Blvd, Orange Park, FL
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Sweet!!! I'll have good food for the traveling mini that'll be joining the family soon!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    How much $$$$ ?
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    $24.95
    Yes, I realize we can get cheaper but, it's great supporting local business. Not to mention by just getting them to get me a few bags now they went full on board with it. They have received excellent response from local eggheads.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    All the Hagen Ace Hardware stores should have it in stock.  I spoke with the owner a few weeks ago when they put in the order through Ace.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    The OO I bought today local was 16 bucks. I only use it on long cooks.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Outside observation (since I can get both but defer to RW) when quoting prices I would offer that the lump weight be included as I think most exported (outside MO) RW arrives in 20 lb bags and OO is of the 10 LB variety. Things may have changed but regardless, standardization of $/lb makes comparison in that arena much easier. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

All the Hagen Ace Hardware stores should have it in stock.  I spoke with the owner a few weeks ago when they put in the order through Ace.

Agree. But, at this time I was told only the OP local had it. Unless they already sold out. OP said all of them should have it also.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited August 2014
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Outside observation (since I can get both but defer to RW) when quoting prices I would offer that the lump weight be included as I think most exported (outside MO) RW arrives in 20 lb bags and OO is of the 10 LB variety. Things may have changed but regardless, standardization of $/lb makes comparison in that arena much easier. FWIW-

Firecraft is $1/lb for either.  I can order RW from my local Ace for $27 plus 9% tax. 

I like the good lump, but I'm sticking with online for now.

Maybe @TigerTony has the hookup?
    NOLA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @lousubcap‌ good point. 20# bags @ $24.95
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    The amount I burn thats a bit steep, we need a lump co-op. For $1 a pound Im in for 200 lbs a pop.
    Jacksonville FL
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ thanks for the heads up. I'll try it. You know im a royal oak guy!! ;-)

Btw, sorry I missed your call.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @fusionhq‌ NP man
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014