Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caster option for the nest

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hdLockingCasters_lg.jpg
<p />I wish my BGE nest had a bit larger wheels. Is an option available for larger casters? I was thinking some nice 5 or 6 inch diameter that could lock wouold be nice.

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Don Morocco,
    seen someone here with a posts a few weeks back with a piece of plywood bolted where your wheels are now and larger casters bolted onto the plyboard. Sure seemed sturdy. The plyboard seemed about 2 or 2.5 ft.square.

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Don Morocco,[p]try here[p]

[ul][li]Casters[/ul]
  • Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Tim
    <p />Chef Wil,[p]I am not sure if this was the platform that you refered to or not. These were modified to travel in road cases. I think the cases cost as much as the eggs. [p]JNK
  • Don Morocco, i changed my 1" standard casters to 3" casters with threaded bolt connection - ie one center bolt that connects directly to the egg nest base where the existing casters are connected [my cost was $10 each from Ace Handy hardware store]
    note: none are made with stainless steel, but steel nickel-plated & a hard plastic wheel.
    now my BGE rolls easily over the concrere cracks.