Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Got my First Yeti...

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
In a manner of speaking...

My 30oz tumbler arrived today. Built like a tank. Bigger than I thought it would be; good thing I've got big paws. Might have to order the 20oz version for my wife.

Hoping to find this ice in there in the morning. This thing will hold a lot of an adult beverage.

image.jpg 1.6M
·

Comments

• GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    Will look for pics in the morning. I've heard great things about them.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I have two of their coolers but don't have a tumbler yet. It'll be interesting to see how long the ice lasts in the tumbler.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    I've been trying to decide between a yeti cooler and my marriage. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,443
    Where'd you find it? A lot of out of stock online
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    grege345 said:

Where'd you find it? A lot of out of stock online

Ordered it from Cabela's
    ·
    This morning found at least 90% of the ice I put in it last night still in cube form.

Two thumbs up...
    ·
    Sounds like a winner

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Can you get towels around the butt in that?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,023

Thanks. Pretty sure I need that

·
  • jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 112
    I use mine everyday, def worth the $30
    Durham, NC
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,879
    Nice!  Is it dishwasher safe? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·

Nice!  Is it dishwasher safe? 

The included paperwork says to hand wash only
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,879
    In that case I would sterilize it with 120 proof bourbon. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    Ouch that may be a deal breaker. Whiskey flavor is hard to get out by hand. When I wash out my tervis from the night before and use it for my work water cup the next day I taste whiskey all day long. Maybe it can be my alcohol only cup.
    ·
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,506
    I can tell you, the bourbon is not hard to get out.  WAY easier than a tervis...I know from experience! ;-)

GET THE YETI RAMBLER!! They're awesome!!
    ·
  • Angus1978Angus1978 Posts: 314
    @lit and this is a problem, why?  :D
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    @lit, drop an Alka seltzer tab or one of those camelbak cleaner tabs in it. Problem solved. AS is much cheaper, BTW.
    ·
    Ready for a road test today...

·
    Just got mine. Looks really solid. It doesn't fit in my tervis handle though boo.
    ·
    I'm thinking about getting both from REI. My member refund should cover almost everything.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    Mines here Friday for the longest time it was out of stock so checked after you ordered it and picked one up.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
    Just got back to the house, some of the ice that was in it overnight is still in there currently, I only added a little early this morning.
    ·
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 1,343
    @hapster - Nice cup. Your thread title implies that there will be more Yetis. I highly recommend the 65 qt!  :D
    L x2, M, S, and Mini. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,276
    Got my first Yeti a few years back.  I'll never use match.com again.   :-w

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,144
    It looks really nice but you would think they would have engineered some type of rotating top to close up the vent to keep the cold/heat inside
    ·
    This thing rocks. I usually fill up my large tervis to the rim with ice at work then fill with water and head home. I fill with water again when I get home for my workout and the ice is usually gone at that point. I didn't even fill to the top with ice today when I left work at 4 and I have filled it with water twice since and I still have over a half cup of ice now like 3 hours later.
    ·
    Damnit guys, now I want one. I drink a lot of unsweet iced tea. One of these would be perfect.

·
    shtgunal3 said:

Damnit guys, now I want one. I drink a lot of unsweet iced tea. One of these would be perfect.

This is why I want one. I usually drink 2 water bottles per trip to and from work. It's really hard to get away from my desk to get more water due to the amount of time I spend on the phone with insurance companies.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    Hap, thanks for posting your new yeti. Great gift idea for Christmas. Do you or anyone else know if they do team logos on the tumblers like they do on the coolers? ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·