Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock and Ribs

Options

Decided to do a couple spatchcock chickens and some ribs for supper. This is the first time I have ever done ribs. And I dont mean just on the egg. Did not have time to do a low and slow so I went turbo on the ribs. I rubbed both with mustard. On one rack I used Dizzy Dust. The other rack I used Bone Sucking Rib Rub. Egg at 375-400. AR with oval stone. Set ribs on second rung. Placed standard grid on top of AR with 2 chickens. Rubbed both with butter. Dusted with onion powder, garlic powder, parika, salt, pepper. Cooked ribs for about 1 hour 40 minutes. Cooked the chickens for about an hour. The ribs turned out pretty good. Needed more seasoning. The chicken was pretty good. It needed more seaoning as well.  But the main problem is I overcooked it. Totally my fault, but mistakes happen. Served with shells and cheese, french fries, and some baked beans. With enough leftovers for the next 2 or 3 days at work. I call that a win.

imageimageimage
Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)

Comments