Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back In The Saddle Again!

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Today was my official first day at my new company and it went swimmingly B-). Spatchcocked the yard bird and applied Mickey's Rub. Cored, sliced and applied»»» Truvia, cinnamon, nutmeg and lite cayenne (yes cayenne). Julianned yellow squash and zucchini. Lite EVOO kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Yardbird raised direct at 400℉ Pulled at roughly 160℉ IT breast and thigh was at 180℉ IT. Juliened veggies raised direct at roughly 350℉ until crisp but, tender. Then had a short intermission. Awww what the hey I've got time for another intermission :)) That PA brew is just too dagumn good!
Old School - So get when it hits your lips!: http://youtu.be/k7SuY3T_U6c
Getting ready...
Plated.
imageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Yeah man I was thinking about you today with that new job, glad it went well. Not that I had any doubts.
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Damnit man! The vanilla got me. Standby for new repeat post! Sorry but, it totally cut out half of my post.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    I was waiting for the obligatory Aerosmith video LOL.
    Jacksonville FL
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Glad you landed on your feet, but ...
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Ya total bs! Had it all there and boom! Gone. Oh well. View part2. Lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Glad you landed on your feet, but ...

=))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Hey @McStew‌ you seem to like to Troll my feeds and flag me. How bout you kiss my brown starfish you trolling POS. Or better yet post something yourself VS being a worthless Troll. Good day. I said Good Day!
    I SAID GOOD DAY: http://youtu.be/bdQXh_5iusA
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options

@NPHThanks bud I just had fun explaining your worthless post to an 8 year old.  This use to be a good place where I didn't need to monitor my computer around the kid.  But that's cool don't worry

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Excellent looking food my friend. Nice pics as well. I concur on the cayenne. I use it on everything. Again looks outstanding brother husker. Solid all around.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    McStew said:

@NPHThanks bud I just had fun explaining your worthless post to an 8 year old.  This use to be a good place where I didn't need to monitor my computer around the kid.  But that's cool don't worry

It's a simple explanation really... You troll and rarely contribute. But, you Willy Nilly flag. So, ya it's cool. I'm pretty even keeled but, noticed you've flagged me "several" times which is fine but, raises the question of why do you bother coming here if only to Troll. But, yep you're correct it's cool.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Congrats on the new job as well brother husker.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Thanks @SGH‌ ya I saw a recipe (not sure who or where on food network) that added cayenne to fruit and heck why not. It added another dimension of flavor.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:

@NPHuskerFL‌
    Congrats on the new job as well brother husker.

Thanks! It's a fantastic opportunity with a great group of seasoned techs. Good stuff.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Did you change careers or just company's?

Status- Standing by.

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options

@NPH just for you I will post more things for you to enjoy or flag if you so wish  

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @SGH‌ My previous company that I really liked working for closed their doors permanently after 25 yrs. Was sad to see this. I've been in the HVAC/R field for over 22 yrs. I'm with a well respected and strong industrial/commercial HVAC/R company. And I'm trying to implement some foodservice into that mix. I'm beyond happy I accepted the offer that was on the table. I want to be as productive as possible and want to bring as many new accounts over as I can. Busy is good. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    McStew said:

@NPH just for you I will post more things for you to enjoy or flag if you so wish  

I "rarely" flag. And that would be nice to see some of your cooks. I'm certain you have much to offer FWIW. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Congrats NPhuskerFL!!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Thank you Sir @GeorgeS‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Sounds delicious.

Your day went swimmingly? Your suppose to get stressed at work and relax on the forum. :D

Your a Johnny Manziel of the forum. I think we should fine you 13 spatchcock chickens and 4 BB for that gesture. :))
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @stemc33‌ Thanks man. I did everything but, have an ulcer over this past weekend getting ready for my new job. My my wife I cleaned my Van head to toe. Got the windows tinted in the rear cab. I tend to take my occupation very serious and take great pride in my work so, I was nervous being the "new kid on the block". A guy I worked with about a decade ago is here so, that made it nice with a familiar face. That and bringing something extra to the table is a plus.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Once again, I am SO very happy for you and your family, my...(ahem) conservative friend! :) I have learned much from you on this board with you posting your cooks and have appreciated your feedback on mine. Looking forward to your future postings now that (I hope) the stress level has declined a bit.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌ B-) clearing throat and wiping tears of laughter...I appreciate your always kind words my Liberal waterboarding interrogating friend. B-). Veterans for life. \m/
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Get into data centers lol
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Get into data centers lol

Scratching head... Watcha ya mean. When you say get into data centers I think of Liebert systems for UPS or IT Depts.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    1. Great looking cook as always 2. Mmm Victory Hop Devil 3. Times like this call for: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA Cheers!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Congrats on the new job!!!  Good to see a fast turn around.  As always, nice cook. 
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice cook and picture  thank god i cant gain weight by looking at your food
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    cook861 said:

nice cook and picture  thank god i cant gain weight by looking at your food

Thank you. :)
    FWIW my wife was able to eat everything in this meal and she follows a paleolithic lifestyle. Tasted good and good for ya.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks good as always brother. Can't wait for Thursday, let alone Saturday for meaningful football. You get the BTN down there so you can watch the Big Red or would you like me to message you game highlights? Apparently fireworks and no more Sirrius tunnel walk. Can't wait for the Miami game to see the fireworks under darkness. God this is my favorite time of year. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.