Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best place to buy an egg in Lafayette/Indianapolis?

Options
yzzi
yzzi Posts: 1,843
A buddy of mine is looking for an egg and is finding prices to be around 1050 for a large with nest. Does this sound like a reasonable price for the area cause it seems a bit high where I live. Any good dealers in that area?
Dunedin, FL

Comments

• Boileregger
    Options
    Can't help on egg prices, but I was a West Lafayette resident for the best 4 years of my life. Craving a Triple XXX burger and Bruno's pizza right now.

Boiler up!
  • apfroggy0408
    Options
    @yzzi The Ace hardware in Greenwood Indiana is where I picked up my medium egg. No other dealer in the area was able to touch the prices they could offer... 

He might find the drive a little south of Indy to be worth it.

Here's their number (317) 859-2404. 

A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options

Timing is everything unfortunately.  There was an EggFest today in Indy and he could have gotten a great deal on one of their models from the event.  It was hosted by Sullivan House and Garden and it probably doesn't hurt to call them and see if by chance they have any left.

And @boileregger, even though we are Buckeyes, we love Triple XXX.  Awesome burgers and Root Bee.

Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There is a pool store in Lafayette that carries KJ & BGE, they are awesome. I'd go to Sullivan's if Indy is closer, they're the largest dealer in IN and pretty knowledgable.
    That price is about average for our area

LBGE

BTFU!

• yzzi
    Options
    Yeah, he checked on the fest and they were all sold. He's going to give the Greenwood dealer a try.
    Dunedin, FL
  • apfroggy0408
    Options
    They also got an XXL there!
    A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Go see Chef JJ in Indy www.chefjjs.com. Super egg knowledgable, good inventory of eggs and eggsesories and they run fantastic classes.
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • lantzwr
    lantzwr Posts: 229
    Options
    Can't help on egg prices, but I was a West Lafayette resident for the best 4 years of my life. Craving a Triple XXX burger and Bruno's pizza right now. Boiler up!
    I was there for five years, Boiler up!  Went back this last Christmas, had a Duane Pervis burger at Triple XXX, and a beer at Harry's Chocolate Shop.  Brought back lots of good memories from those 5 years from 1983 to 1988.
    RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I had no idea there were so many people close to Indy. I have been watching the "Where is everyone" post and only see 5 total from Indiana. I have not been to Sullivans yet but my Dad stopped in there a few weeks ago and said their selection of accessories was amazing.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166509/where-is-everyone/p1
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • TheDudesBrew
    Options
    I was looking at prices back in March and Ace Harware in Fishers had the XL for 1,200. Sullivans also had L & XL Egg packages. I think it was around 1060 for a Large with nest, platesetter, charcoal 
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I gave right at $900 almost 2 years ago for Large Egg, plate setter, and all the normal stuff, ash tool daisy wheel, etc down in Columbus.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • IndyDrew
    IndyDrew Posts: 14
    Options
    Check out Two Fat Guys Hardware south of Greenwood. Used to be an Ace hardware until recently. They have good stock and great prices.
  • yzzi
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I'm passing along all these suggestions.
    Dunedin, FL
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options
    Food for thought: Fort Wayne is having their Eggfest Sept. 13th and it would be a great chance to get a Demo Egg (used only the day of the Eggfest) at a great price. I saved $350 off mine at the Indy Eggfest. 
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN