Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT ceramic knifes.

Options
They work awesome. image

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Really?  Your thumb is still there!
    Flint, Michigan
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Haha. I was in a hurry. I even thought just before "you better slow down". It almost removed a piece a little bigger that pencil eraser.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I thought the grub was so good your hand got in the way....it happens.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Ceramic knives are awesome.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Same thing could happen any sharp knife.

All good knives are sharp but ceramic ones are also brittle. 
    I bought a ceramic knife and dropped it 2 days later. Wrapped the remnants up in cardboard and tossed it. I won't own another.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• texaswig
    Options
    I've dropped and broken a metal knife before. Talking about pissed. I forgot all about till now.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    My worst lacerations from a knife have always been from dull knives. I've cut myself with sharp ones, but a dull knife is far more dangerous IMO. Instead of slicing like butter, I start sawing like I'm cutting wood and then it slips.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Ceramic knife fan myself. That's going to sting a little!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I seem to hold that knife work off till EggFests, then do both hands :-t
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    I learned my lesson using a three year old ceramic potato peeler.  Took off the tip of my extended little finger in a heartbeat.  I now use my Kyocera Damascus very carefully!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    texaswig said:
    They work awesome. image
    What brand of ceramic knife?
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • texaswig
    Options
    Kyocera. I like it. I've been wanting to get the one America's test kitchen reviewed being best for the buck.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig
    Options
    Victornox fibro 8 chefs. Knife stanless steel

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I have two 5.5” Kyocera Santokus and the 3” pairing knife. Wicked sharp knives!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota