Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

college football kicks off whats on the menue?

my Rebels play this Thursday I will be cooking chicken and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos and game-day burgers. wanted to do a pork butt, but my family loves burgers on the egg and that is what they voted for.  What will you be cooking for your team?

Comments

• mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Hottytoddy to you friend. An all day brisket. If I wanted to screw with you, I'd say go Bears. Really, what idot came up with that.
  • I will be doing just about the same, Hotty. An Ole Miss buddy is having a bunch of people over and asked that I do the cooking on his egg. I think I will also toss a bacon explosion on as well. Here's to hoping the heat backs off some and that Ole Miss does well.
  • mslaw said:

Hottytoddy to you friend. An all day brisket. If I wanted to screw with you, I'd say go Bears. Really, what idot came up with that.

Probably the one and only Houston Dale Nutt. He screws up every program in his path. The fighting black bears sounds like some of his stupid crap.

Little Rock, AR

• I'm thinking ribs and wings!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

For college football Saturday here's the menu (100% prepared on the BGE):

Pulled pork

Fennel Slaw (from BGE cookbook)

Peaches 'n Cream fire roasted corn on the cob

HOME MADE baked buns for the sandwiches

Strawberry Shortcake (from BGE cookbook)

I'll have too many beers in me to post here sat nite but rest assured, it'll all be delicious.

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Penn State kicks off their schedule in Dublin...Ireland.   Guess I won't be going to that opener

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Wait a minute .... wasn't the Mini Max supposed to debut for the college football season???
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Wings and moink balls.

Hopefully some revenge against App State!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    What's on the menu? Or what do I want on them menu? We have guests and no offense but, my menu for them will likely be lollipops w/ a twist & maybe a brisky or butt. What I want»»» Pheasant prepd as my forefathers did in my family cookbook but, on the egg and homemade Runzas & of course cold Redeyes. GBR!!! #Blackshirts
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241

What's on the menu? Or what do I want on them menu? We have guests and no offense but, my menu for them will likely be lollipops w/ a twist & maybe a brisky or butt. What I want»»» Pheasant prepd as my forefathers did in my family cookbook but, on the egg and homemade Runzas & of course cold Redeyes. GBR!!! #Blackshirts

I want to hear about the pheasant, please!
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    @mslaw‌ I promise I will give many details when I do it. But, it MUST, without a shadow of a doubt, be done on GAME DAY. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Nyltiger
    Nyltiger Posts: 16
    I am an Auburn fan with a new Egg. I will be smoking some pork and I hope my Tigers do the same.
    Johns Creek, GA Large BGE Weber Kettle Weber Genesis
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    @Nyltiger‌, your tigers have probably been smoking more than pork!
  • GaBGE
    Alabama cheerleader
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I thought about going theme related but cooking @TUTTLE871 's beloved Mustangs did not sound appetizing. We're gonna destroy you Sean. Sic 'em Bears!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    edited August 2014
    With an 8:30 AM EDT kickoff time, I'll be doing breakfast on the Egg.
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Georgia has to beat Clemson in the opening game this year.  You have no idea how hard it is living in SC as a Dawgs fan!  Ill be doing some wings and abts for the afternoon games, then some Waygu steaks for my wifes birthday that night.  As always beer and bourbon will be flowing.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • You can't go wrong with some pizza/wings off of the egg! It has felt like eternity since the last season!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Our company can't make it so, »»»» I'll be kicking off the season with some traditional Husker cuisine.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Unfortunately it's salt water for me. Still in those stupid deep water survival/rescue classes. :((

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:

I thought about going theme related but cooking @TUTTLE871 's beloved Mustangs did not sound appetizing. We're gonna destroy you Sean. Sic 'em Bears!!

Thanks bud!! yes I have a bad feeling that your going to beat a beat down on them. But wait till next year we have been buying the best recruits in the country.

Don't tell anyone!!!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Friday night/Saturday morning doing my first turkey.  Got what sounds like a great brine recipe along with some Raging River.  Smoking it for around 8-9 hours over apple wood.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • I'll do a couple kinds of wings for lunch - Straight up Buffalo, @cazzy style and some thai chili spiced, then I'll do Roasted leg of lamb for dinner - Lamb's not traditional football food, but it's my mom's birthday, and if momma aint happy,.....

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC

• SGH said:
    Unfortunately it's salt water for me. Still in those stupid deep water survival/rescue classes. :((
    @SGH - Diving always makes me STARVING - you gotta throw something simple on after all that work you're doing, No? Ribeye's are perfect and simple on the Egg (just sayin!) ;-)
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • wings and sausage for Saturday.  Boston butt or brisket on Sunday.  Lots of beer.  I hope to pull the dawgs thru and watch some good games starting with SC/A&M on Thursday night.
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    My wife grew up on Nebraska rooting for Big Red and she graduated from Florida Atlantic and those two open their seasons against each other this year. So there'll be some 'words' with old family and friends to start it off.

I grew up in Michigan rooting for the Wolverines and my step dad went to Ohio State, so that's always been fun.

My sons have gone to South Carolina, LSU, and USF and I went to Miami so there's always something cooking there. Some weekends are heaven, some weekends are hell!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Just added pulled beef to the menu as well.

Wings for the Michigan kickoff and pulled beef for dinner.  Hopefully I'm still in good shape for dinner.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GaBGE
    I just ordered up some tiger meat from Clemson, SC. Think I'll cook it turbo at about 350 for 4-5 hours. Hope it don't give me heartburn Saturday night. Go Dawgs!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @CarolinaCrazy‌
    I hear ya brother. I'm almost complete and I will be back cooking in full force my friend. I may celebrate with a prime rib on the egg!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    I just want know what an Aggie is? My Gamecocks are gonna whoop em.
    Duncan, SC