Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

beer can chix

grEGGgrEGG Posts: 19
edited 3:59PM in EggHead Forum
Direct or indirect? Thanks!!! this forum is the best.

Comments

• grEgg,
    you can go either way... .i go indirect at 350 degrees (takes about 1 1/2 hours for a good size roaster (4 1/2 pounds). . ..let the heat go up the last 15 minutes or so to crisp the skin. .. .[p]those who advocate going direct i think get them done a little quicker and with crispier skin. .. .[p]HTH . . .

• JethroJethro Posts: 495
    grEgg,[p]When I do mine I do em direct at about 250 with Cajun Seasoning.[p]I'll betcha there are a lot folks who do em indirect as well.[p]You may want to bump up the temp at the end to crisp up the skin.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• jake42jake42 Posts: 932
    sitter2.jpg
    <p />grEgg,
    Either way works fine.[p]Verticalhen.jpg

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,274
    2005162649.jpg
    <p />grEgg,
    ive always done them direct.

• fishlessman,
    ...and you found a use for Bud Light!

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,274
    Essex County,
    at the time i thought so, but then tried a gingerale. gingerale is better with the chicken. not sure what to do with those bud lights, they been kicking around in the fridge since i bought the house over 5 years ago. whoever gave them to me, thanks for the house warming gift

• fishlessman,
    Put them in the freezer. They make excellent ice packs. And if you get really thirsty, they taste the same no matter how many times you've used them.