Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Abt question

Looks like 375 to 400 ,question is direct or indirect? Thanks in advance
·

Comments

• SmokinpigSmokinpig Posts: 448
    I cook at a lower temp, 300 for about 60-90 minutes indirect.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

I bow to YEMTrey, the college basketball guru of the Egghead Forum.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    375/400 Raised Direct
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,678
    I have cooked them both ways at around 350-400*F on the dome.  I prefer indirect as it cuts down on the potential for overcooking should you get sidetracked by adult supervisory beverages.  But either way yields great eats!
    Louisville
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,184
    I like indirect, but then the peppers are at least four inches long, full strip of bacon around the boat and 1/2 a chorizo sausage (pre cooked to at least 140º). 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,050
    I did mine indirect and they came fantastic.  I don't see any reason to try it direct.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
    ·