Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Abt question

Looks like 375 to 400 ,question is direct or indirect? Thanks in advance

• SmokinpigSmokinpig Posts: 693
    I cook at a lower temp, 300 for about 60-90 minutes indirect.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,638
    375/400 Raised Direct
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,604
    I have cooked them both ways at around 350-400*F on the dome.  I prefer indirect as it cuts down on the potential for overcooking should you get sidetracked by adult supervisory beverages.  But either way yields great eats!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,273
    I like indirect, but then the peppers are at least four inches long, full strip of bacon around the boat and 1/2 a chorizo sausage (pre cooked to at least 140º). 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,477
    I did mine indirect and they came fantastic.  I don't see any reason to try it direct.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH