Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Abt question

Looks like 375 to 400 ,question is direct or indirect? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    I cook at a lower temp, 300 for about 60-90 minutes indirect.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    375/400 Raised Direct
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I have cooked them both ways at around 350-400*F on the dome.  I prefer indirect as it cuts down on the potential for overcooking should you get sidetracked by adult supervisory beverages.  But either way yields great eats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I like indirect, but then the peppers are at least four inches long, full strip of bacon around the boat and 1/2 a chorizo sausage (pre cooked to at least 140º). 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    I did mine indirect and they came fantastic.  I don't see any reason to try it direct.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH