Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

Simple pork tenderloin brushed with Harry and David's Pepper and Onion relish with Zinfandel. Some wokked veggies in a Dijon vinaigrette and mashed taters to spike my insulin levels.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• Dillonjm
    Dillonjm Posts: 229
    Looks great! I would have never thought of a Pepper and Onion relish with Zinfandel brush on for a pork loin but I am definitely adding to the list to try. I just did a pork loin (posted pics too), it was my first one on the BGE and wont be my last. Nice job bro..
    Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA
  • @Dillonjm - thank you sir! Harry and David stuff is kinda pricey but always good. Normally the family favorite is a Bourbon and brown sugar marinade but I didn't have any cheap bourbon on hand. [-(
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks excellent from where I'm sitting. Solid cook.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thanks SGH.

Leftovers for lunch today....burp.

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    @Cymbaline that looks great, but that has to be the biggest pork tenderloin I have ever seen. Are you sure it`s not a loin.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • MeTed said:
    @Cymbaline that looks great, but that has to be the biggest pork tenderloin I have ever seen. Are you sure it`s not a loin.
    Yep. 1.5lbs. Could have been one of those mutant pigs..
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Nice! Looks like a direct cook...what temp, how long?
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• @fence0407 - Yes, direct at 375 dome using the CI grate. The total time was about 22-25 minutes, turning every 5-6 minutes. I pulled it off at 145 deg to rest and slice.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Thanks @Cymbaline65! I might have to get that bourbon and brown sugar marinade recipe from you one day too. Sounds too good not to try!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    That looks great!
    Some time ago, another egger posted about taking a pork tenderloin, slthering it in mayo, and rolling that in a package of Lipton's Dry Onion Soup Mix, then cook as you did,
    I tried it and it was delish!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks good.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA