Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going DEEP!!!

Options
Tonight's dinner was Deep Dish Pizzas. I cook mine in cast iron skillets at 425F. These are amazing!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Speechless!!!!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Good Lord that looks good. Any chance when you get the time that you would share how you make the dough and the recipe? I can't make pizza to save my life but would love to be able to. Again your pizza looks as good as I have ever seen. I'm forced and obliged to give this the SGH seal of approval my friend. Incredible job!! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    Brother you got to share how you accomplished this. [-O<

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌ Zoinks! That's some awesome looking eats.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I agree that those pies look amazing.  I've never tried the cast iron deep dish before, but it's on my list of upcoming cooks.  Thanks for posting the great pictures.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    I'm going to keep bumping this until you share my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    My wife usually does all the pizza dough, but she doesn't like deep dish so guess what? No deep dish. I'm gonna have to go it alone when @SGH drags the recipe from ya.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    Still waiting my friend. :)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    Still standing by.

Status- Standing by.

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm with @SGH, recipe please!
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • SGH
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    You may as well give up and share my friend. I'm not going to stop!! :D

Status- Standing by.

• Hairless_Hand
    Options
    @SGH consider withholding your "seal of approval" until you get the technique and or recipe.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Hairless_Hand‌
    Brother as good as that looks I'm both forced and obligated to give it the SGH seal of approval. That's the best looking pizza that I have ever seen. Easily the best. Don't much impress me anymore but that pizza does. That's phenomenal. He flat out nailed that.

Status- Standing by.

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    @SGH he included a link to the recipe in his message.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • SGH
    Options
    I had my wife run straight to Walmart after seeing those deep dish pizzas!!image

Status- Standing by.

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Good pick up there @XC242
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options
    Speechless!!!!
    ____________!
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SGH said:

That's the best looking pizza that I have ever seen. Easily the best.

Then you haven't see this thread...just saying! B-)

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1144692/mushroom-lovers-deep-dish-pizza/p1
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @XC242‌
    Where is this link that you speak of my friend? Please bear in mind that I'm COLOR blind.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Well crap I didnt even see that link.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    That is equally as impressive!! I honestly wish I could turn out pizza like that. Just don't have the knack for it. Going to keep trying though!!

Status- Standing by.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I 'googled' deep dish pizza and it came up empty, blank, nada. You MUST share your recipe with us. Please, oh pretty please.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• XC242
    Options
    @SGH click on the words Deep Dish Pizza at the end of his first sentence. See how the words are underlined. That's the link.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
  • SGH
    Options
    @XC242‌
    Thank you brother for the help.

Status- Standing by.

• XC242
    Options
    You're welcome. Now, go cook a pizza in that new CI pan!!
  • SGH
    Options
    @berndcrisp‌
    Brother why did you flag me for abuse in my 2 posts above? Did I break the rules some how?

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Yes...I just told my wife earlier tonight that I'm gonna make deep dish pizza and that I need to pick up ingredients tomorrow. I planned on searching the forum for a recipe.

Thanks for sharing. Looks fantastic. :-bd
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    The pizza was looking good then you took it out of the pan. Then it was awesome.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Awesome pizza.  Even though my pizza tastes good I always burn a portion of my crust. That pic out of the pan couldn't be better.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options