Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack of lamb, need wood advice

Options
Doing rack of lamb this evening. Any thoughts on the best wood chunks to use. Thanks

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I like using pecan with lamb but have used a little oak before and it was good.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited August 2014
    Options

I use rosemary from the garden, also apple is a nice flavor.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    For lamb in order if preference.
    Pecan
    50/50 pecan & oak
    Oak.
    50/50 pecan & apple
    Just my preferences my friend.
    Pecan is a tough act to follow on lamb.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    I like apple, cherry Ross
  • mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Options
    Thank you all. They cook so fast that I wound up by throwing a chunk of Apple and oak on the fire 10 mins at 500 direct they were 130 deg. Had a taxakiti on side. Thank you, they were really good.