Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner. First Cook

Options
After two plus years of wanting an Egg I got my Large today and did my first cook. I have been lurking around for about a year gaining a ton of knowledge from all you Eggheads. The crazy thing is, I could not decide what to cook first. Sunday is usually chicken so I ended up going with a London Broil from Fresh Market. Did a reverse sear after being marinaded in Moore's Original and dusted with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. It went indirect at 300 until an internal temp of 115. Then pulled and removed the PS and seared for 3 min per side at 550. I did not want the temp to go that high on the first cook but it quickly got away from me. You can read and research all you want but nothing replaces actually doing the cook. I still have a lot to learn and boy is it going to be fun and tasty learning on the job. Thanks for all your help
Johns Creek, GA Large BGE Weber Kettle Weber Genesis

Comments