Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wings and tators were a lot of work

Options
I've never done wings on my egg until this week. I'll be doing these again. I figured if I'm eating wings, I need to ride 45 minutes. They were worth it.
imageimage

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hey, your cook and whole setup look great, but I would strongly suggest getting a table nest or using some sort of feet under the egg. The heat can transfer through the solid stone and burn the wood below. No joke. I have seen it in person and on the forum many times. Great looking place for egging you have there.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I took 2 tile, added a 1/4" gap with silicone and thought it would be enough. I took everything apart a month later and saw the wood was charred under the tile. I then put 2 aluminum channels under the tile to add more cooling and all has been good.
    Thanks again!

Big Lake, Minnesota

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Turn the camera sideways. It messes with us that have been drinking. Meal looks great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Thanks.

The pictures are upright when I view them on my phone, I post and they are sideways and if you open them, they are upright again????

Big Lake, Minnesota

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    Thanks for the heads up. I took 2 tile, added a 1/4" gap with silicone and thought it would be enough. I took everything apart a month later and saw the wood was charred under the tile. I then put 2 aluminum channels under the tile to add more cooling and all has been good. Thanks again!

no problem. I didn't see the channels at first and I Kringle whenever I see a setup without a good amount of airflow on a wood table. Again, the food looks great. Enjoy.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Oooh the room is spinning....oh no I'm cool it's the pic messing with my equilibrium. :))
    Good looking meal @bigguy136‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL