Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking for someone else's party, advice needed on how to cook it.

Options
Ok, so my mother is having a picnic and is cooking a lot of food.  She asked me if I could give her a hand do to limited girl space, so I told her I would cook her london broils (3x top round) for her and bring them to her house.  I had thought I could either cook to completion at home and FTC to her house, literally 5 minutes from mine, but I also thought what if I reversed seared, cook on my egg to 115F, then FTC, then seared at her house.  I mean technically I could bake the steaks in her oven and sear on here grill for her, but I prefer the charcoal taste.  I was just worried that if I cook them to completion to 135F, I'm not sure how well FTC will keep the temp, I don't want anyone to have cold food.  

Any thoughts and advice welcome, I like to brain storm and if anyone has some outside the box thought I'd love to hear.  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I'd cook them at you house and the consider the trip over to moms as the rest period. Slice and serve when you get there...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Don't FTC a finished steak/roast. The carry over cooking will take that well over finish temp. As @hapster mentioned, 5 minute drive is your rest period. Time it so that everything is waiting for your arrival and when you get there you slice it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Agreed with what has already been stated
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Oh and best of all if it don't turn out just blame your mom
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Ok, so my mother is having a picnic and is cooking a lot of food.  She asked me if I could give her a hand do to limited girl space, so I told her I would cook her london broils (3x top round) for her and bring them to her house.  I had thought I could either cook to completion at home and FTC to her house, literally 5 minutes from mine, but I also thought what if I reversed seared, cook on my egg to 115F, then FTC, then seared at her house.  I mean technically I could bake the steaks in her oven and sear on here grill for her, but I prefer the charcoal taste.  I was just worried that if I cook them to completion to 135F, I'm not sure how well FTC will keep the temp, I don't want anyone to have cold food.  

Any thoughts and advice welcome, I like to brain storm and if anyone has some outside the box thought I'd love to hear.  Thanks in advance!
    I wouldn't go to a party with limited girl space.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Just take your new Mini-Max over there and do them.   =)) :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    True, I would use my Mini-Max but I returned it and bought a Foreman, so I guess I will just take the popular advices and just bring the finished product to the picnic.

-Thanks All!