Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

J.S.Y.K.

Options
Most blenders have threading that matches those on 'regular mouth' mason jars. 
Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    My first kitchen appliance, an Oster combo blender/food processor/mixer (which I got with a cigarette burn on an open box sale, for $60!) had three small, 1-cup plastic "jars" that just contained the blender blades; those things were fantastic for sauces and dressings (included 3 metal jar lids so you could use them for storage).  Didn't know they followed the "Ball" standard.  
    I still have those plastic jars (the Oster is long gone) but now I have to see if they'll spin on to my KitchenAid setup!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I had to go check.
    The Oster jars do NOT fit the KitchenAid setup, the KA is larger.
    Then, I had to go check, again, which one was the "Ball" standard?  The Oster is.
    I'm now thinking, the next time I see a used blender at a yard sale, it might be worth picking up just to have that neat sauce/dressing mixer again... 
    Thanks for the info, Bernd!    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month