Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatcha Cookin' This Weekend?

Options
Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Me? Not anything big that's for sure! We're going to our church supper picnic tonight and I have another picnic Sunday afternoon for work. Sunday night I'm doing something easy requiring little effort like chicken legs or spatching a bird. How about you?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Livinloud5
    Options
    Steak last night, boston butt is on now, and steak/chicken/shrimp fajitas for sunday night.

Can't go wrong with spatching a good bird!

Blake.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Bacon

Options
    We are having a family gathering at our place. Pot Luck style. Everyone brings something, So all the salads and desert are being brought by family.. we are responsible for the meat, so I am doing a few sockeye salmon fillets, (hopefully I catch some today, sockeye season is open) and some pork tenderloins, and some farmer sausage, so both small and large eggs will be chugging  away. Should be fun.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    New York Strips Friday night...(reverse seared)    Baby Backs today.   Always a fun day to mess with the eggs.   
  • SickEyeDiaz
    Options
    I was gonna make some stuffed manicotti tomorrow.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

Pasta on the egg are surprisingly good.

Options
    I'm having a pizza party tonight, plan on doing about 10 pizzas. Then Sunday night I have some nice ribeyes to cook.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SickEyeDiaz
    Options
    paqman said:
    Pasta on the egg are surprisingly good.
    Oh yeah. I've made lasagna several times. Beats oven baking by a country mile!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    ABT's, 3 rack of ribs, 8lb butt, sliders, hot dogs, and candied bacon. Candied bacon will be done on the gasser on cookie sheets. Butt is a no brainier. Ribs no brainier but an hour before everyone shows p it will get interesting. Ohbtw what's with the rain. Didn't see that comin
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Last night was pork, tonight steaks. Haven't decided on tomorrow yet.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • grey_bri
    grey_bri Posts: 46
    Options
    Tonight is stuffed burgers(don't know with what yet) salad and Sunday is stuffed chicken. Have had too many spatched birds lately
    Owen Sound On. For now 1large 2mini's 1exl and 1 6burner Vermont Casting
  • mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Options
    Last night, venison backstrap and shrimp. Tonight hamburgers with Grandkids . Tomorrow rack of lamb.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    For dinner tonight, Duck Ballotine, no matter how badly I might butcher the carcass de-boning it.
    I hope to post lots of pics later tonight.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Ground brisket sliders with a homemade chipotle BBQ sauce
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX