Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My deck with built in outdoor kitchen, Pic heavy.

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Is there a TV out there for watching Football?  If so - it's perfect!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Jeremiah said:
    @thatgrimguy, do you by chance have the plans for that deck? My wife and I are in love with it and I'd love to get a better idea how I could duplicate it and modify it to my space.
    No, it was built from my head. But it's super simple. it's not attached to the house in anyway. It's fully free-standing 20' x 30' Structure. The supports are 12 treated 6x6 posts buried about 3.5 ft in the ground with 240lbs of concrete per hole (put rocks at the bottom so water doesn't pool, then fill the sides with concrete. 10' spacing between each one. Then sandwich with treated 2x6 and carriage bolt together.  From there it's just a subfloor and then the deck boards.  The hardest part was the corner steps. They were torture without plans.

My friends built the tables and benches. Notched everything out like a big jigsaw puzzle. It's beyond stout.  If you have any specific questions I would love to help

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Is there a TV out there for watching Football?  If so - it's perfect!!
    I have a temporary solution that is basically a TV cart. But we are going to take in the old back porch and turn part of it into a bar that opens out to the deck and it will house the TV, Kegerator, drink fridge, etc. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412

Jeremiah said:

@thatgrimguy, do you by chance have the plans for that deck? My wife and I are in love with it and I'd love to get a better idea how I could duplicate it and modify it to my space.

No, it was built from my head. But it's super simple. it's not attached to the house in anyway. It's fully free-standing 20' x 30' Structure. The supports are 12 treated 6x6 posts buried about 3.5 ft in the ground with 240lbs of concrete per hole (put rocks at the bottom so water doesn't pool, then fill the sides with concrete. 10' spacing between each one. Then sandwich with treated 2x6 and carriage bolt together.  From there it's just a subfloor and then the deck boards.  The hardest part was the corner steps. They were torture without plans.

My friends built the tables and benches. Notched everything out like a big jigsaw puzzle. It's beyond stout.  If you have any specific questions I would love to help

Thanks. I copied your pics and have been studying them. I swear it's exactly what I've been dreaming to build. Thanks again for the insight.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Awesome man!!

I'm just a couple hours north of you in Mississippi.

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2014
    Saw your post about your deck and tracked this thread down. No clue how I missed this.

Incredible space you have for yourself there! I would never leave home with a backyard like that!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • That is awesome, wish I could do something like that in Michigan
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • It looks like you won the "what has you egg cost you" contest.
    Large BGE, Holland Gas Grill, Masterbuilt electric smoker, Oklahoma Joe, Flame Boss
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Very nice area you built! I'm sure you will haves my memories with friends and family out there!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • I think you built the definition of heaven on earth! Nice work!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I am a little jelly right now... Okay, really overly jelly!  Great space man. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • That's an incredible looking space! Well done!
    Houston, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thanks everyone, I'll post up some pics of the final project after we lay some more landscaping
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    @Thatgrimguy

I am ready for more pics
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.   WOW!!!!!!  I'm a carpenter and you did a great job.  Tons of work.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Love the picnic/farm table seating for big groups! You will have many an audience marvel at your skills!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    I have seen this in my dreams. Great job sir!
    Dallas, TX
  • I smell a non-sanctioned Biloxi eggfest in the near future. What a place.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Any gators in that river?
    Gittin' there...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    "The Cen-Tex Smoker"I smell a non-sanctioned Biloxi eggiest in the near future. What a place.

I told y'all it was unbelievable. The pics don't do it justice.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Thanks everyone, I'll post up some pics of the final project after we lay some more landscaping
    Your place looks outstanding.  Would love to see more photos.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Thatgrimguy
    It really is time for an update. I have made quite a few modifications! Including covering the grilling space. I'll update next week!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

It really is time for an update. I have made quite a few modifications! Including covering the grilling space. I'll update next week!

Tease.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    amazing
    Toronto
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Wow, just wow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @DMW‌
    If you ever make it down this way I will take you to his place by boat. We will make him cook the fish that we catch!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Ummm ya. That is just....well friggin awesome! Beautiful Zen spot for egging Sir.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thank y'all! It's my happy place!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    So, I already commented one time, and I will again, with the new additions.  What a crib man.  What a crib.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site