Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Flat - $8.99 lb at Costco in ATL

I saw this yesterday and was shocked. Of course they no packers to look at. Beef prices are out of control.
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited August 2014
    Wow That is how much Ribeyes are at Costco. Make sure they are not mis marked. I was picking up some Boston Butts at my Costco and I noticed some were a lot more expensive than others after a closer look most were $2.89 lb and others were $3.89 a pound for the same thing. I showed the guy cutting meat and he said Oh Sh!t my bad.....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Same price for Brisket at Costco here in Chicago. And that was for Choice. I paid $5.99 for Prime from Costco back in the Spring on a Packer.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    $8 lb for grass fed at Whole Foods.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Check at Restaurant Depot. There should be one located at:

Atlanta, GA 1455 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd. AtlantaGA  30318

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    There is actually a new Restaurant Depot not far from my house in East Cobb. Unfortunately, I don't have a membership!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tulocay
    That would be, Marietta, GA
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    tulocay said:
    That would be, Marietta, GA
    Either find someone who owns a business who will let you jopin in their name, or become a member of the Kansas City BBQ Association which gets you a day pass to Restaurant Depot any time you want one.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • tulocay
    @Shiff‌ thanks. I will do that.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • They must get some powerful crack in Atlanta.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    CAB $4.99 here in Seattle , with some point . and I wince sometimes @ the $45 for a decent one. Ha
    Seattle, WA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    That's the flats though. The Costco in Alpharetta GA has flats at the same price and no packers but when I was at the one off exit 5 on 400 they had full packer for around $3.50 a pound. This was like 2-3 months ago. Flats are always priced high around here.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    I have seen that kind of price, and I just laugh that someone is desperate or foolish enough to pay that.  I have learned where to buy a full packer for $3.99 a lb.  Look for a good meat market in the area, there is bound to be one.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    The motherland here in central Texas has gone to $3.98 a lb for select packers.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    I seen ribeyes for 12.99/lb at Hyvee today. Across the street at Fareway you could buy a whole ribeye for 6.99/lb. Cut and packaged. I guarantee people were paying that 13 dollars too. I'm sure they're thinking "Oh boy that's gonna be a good steak!"
    NW IOWA
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Wow... That's quite a bit more than here right now. I better stock up before it hits here too.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    edited August 2014
    Beef prices are all over the place. Two weeks ago I had to buy 300#s of top round for two different fundraisers. I went to restaurant depot and they had cases of top round for $3.29 lb. one fundraiser was getting three cases and the other needed a case plus one piece. I went to the case to grab a single piece and it was labeled 4.41lb. I made sure to look at the price sticker closely and saw it was put up that morning. I walked back over to the case section and it had a date of the week before. I took a picture of it before I went to check out, in case it was changed while going to the register. Sure enough when it was rung up it came up at $4.41lb with a bulk discount to $4.05lb. I had to prove my point using a calculator and the manager made adjustments to both sales. $.76 lb difference adds up greatly when buying 300lbs. The kicker is last month RD had top and bottom round on sale for around $2.50lb. I should have bought a bunch and froze it. At this point I'm not sure where beef prices are going to stop.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Its all @SGH‌ fault. You see how much cow he cooks?
  • Just got a 12# angus brisket for $4.99 pound this past weekend in New Hampshire...not bad.
    Large and MiniMax
    Mont Vernon, NH
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Here the local Kroger has CAB flats at $5.99/lb-price has not moved in well over six months.  Haven't seen a packer at Costco recently so don't know where they are now.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Two_Down
    Two_Down Posts: 74
    Was at the store yesterday and HEB had prime packers for under $4/lb.  I love Texas.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    tulocay said:

There is actually a new Restaurant Depot not far from my house in East Cobb. Unfortunately, I don't have a membership!

I'm a contractor. ..just showed them a business card. They just want your money. Hell, take a friend's card. You can actually just go a get a pass the first time.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    $3.89 for a prime packer at Costco today. Austin TX. About two months ago, I got three choice packers at Walmart on sale for less than $2 a pound (sale price)
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Bj's last week had flats at $7.49 per lb .Untrimmed $6.99 .Every time I am there ,at least once a week I look and every time there is an increase . I don't care what anyone say's about the reason for an increase the jump is ridiculous . There has to be something wrong when I go to the local A&P and Rotelle canned tomatoes  are $2.13 per can and Walmart is $.99 for the same exact can .It all comes down to what you can get away with .
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Checked my butcher in Philadelphia yesterday and his choice, untrimmed packers were $3.29 per pound, the same as they have been for more than a year. Hope to do one over Labor Day. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia