Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pimento Cheese

davejames0426davejames0426 Posts: 105
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I can see some stuffed burgers in the near future, this stuff is awesome......image
LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,171
    That stuff will shrink your pants and belt in a  hurry! :D
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • Grillin_beersGrillin_beers Posts: 1,106
    I'm obsessed with palmetto cheese! The bacon is great stuffed in burgers. I also like taking it and putting if in the middle of some sausage. Like a sea turtle egg with pimento cheese in the middle.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • That stuff will shrink your pants and belt in a  hurry! :D

It is coming soon I am sure, I am 44 and have worn 34/32 pants for 30 years.... Lol..... Some things are worth it.....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,171
    Ohhhhh, you're one of those guys, huh?  Metabollically gifted?  Good on ya.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • Ohhhhh, you're one of those guys, huh?  Metabollically gifted?  Good on ya.

Work 16 hours a day, just finished building my 3rd self contacted house in 12 years. I can see things slowing down though but I do have some good genes.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,589
    Love that stuff!  A stuffed burger would be awesome. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 3,964
    Yessir... That stuff is amazing. Goes awesome on burgers. These were some sliders that were made with the palmetto cheese with japs.

• jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 129
    These were my burgers that I stuffed with the jalapeño pimento from palmettos, it's good stuff!
    Durham, NC
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 6,604
    I have always enjoyed making my own pimento cheese.  The bought stuff is really good too!  It's a southn thang...
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, North Cackalack - Large BGE - Medium BGE - KJ Jr - 36" Blackstone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,681
    My mom use to make pimento all the time. I need to get her recipe.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • KenfromMIKenfromMI Posts: 742
    It's really easy to make homemade as well. I've never purchased any except for at a restaurant in Ann Arbor that is famous for it. I'll have to see if we have that brand in Michigan and give it a try.

Dearborn MI