Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pimento Cheese

davejames0426davejames0426 Posts: 105
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I can see some stuffed burgers in the near future, this stuff is awesome......image
LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
image.jpg 1.5M
·

Comments

• That stuff will shrink your pants and belt in a  hurry! :D
    ·
  • I'm obsessed with palmetto cheese! The bacon is great stuffed in burgers. I also like taking it and putting if in the middle of some sausage. Like a sea turtle egg with pimento cheese in the middle.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC
    ·
  • That stuff will shrink your pants and belt in a  hurry! :D

It is coming soon I am sure, I am 44 and have worn 34/32 pants for 30 years.... Lol..... Some things are worth it.....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • Ohhhhh, you're one of those guys, huh?  Metabollically gifted?  Good on ya.
    ·
  • Ohhhhh, you're one of those guys, huh?  Metabollically gifted?  Good on ya.

Work 16 hours a day, just finished building my 3rd self contacted house in 12 years. I can see things slowing down though but I do have some good genes.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,586
    Love that stuff!  A stuffed burger would be awesome. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,421
    Yessir... That stuff is amazing. Goes awesome on burgers. These were some sliders that were made with the palmetto cheese with japs.

·
  • jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 111
    These were my burgers that I stuffed with the jalapeño pimento from palmettos, it's good stuff!
    image.jpg 552K
    image.jpg 609.8K
    Durham, NC
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,597
    I have always enjoyed making my own pimento cheese.  The bought stuff is really good too!  It's a southn thang...
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 878
    My mom use to make pimento all the time. I need to get her recipe.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • KenfromMIKenfromMI Posts: 730
    It's really easy to make homemade as well. I've never purchased any except for at a restaurant in Ann Arbor that is famous for it. I'll have to see if we have that brand in Michigan and give it a try.

Dearborn MI
    ·