Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pimento Cheese

davejames0426davejames0426 Posts: 105
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I can see some stuffed burgers in the near future, this stuff is awesome......image
LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
image.jpg 1.5M
·

Comments

• That stuff will shrink your pants and belt in a  hurry! :D
    ·
  • I'm obsessed with palmetto cheese! The bacon is great stuffed in burgers. I also like taking it and putting if in the middle of some sausage. Like a sea turtle egg with pimento cheese in the middle.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC
    ·
  • That stuff will shrink your pants and belt in a  hurry! :D

It is coming soon I am sure, I am 44 and have worn 34/32 pants for 30 years.... Lol..... Some things are worth it.....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • Ohhhhh, you're one of those guys, huh?  Metabollically gifted?  Good on ya.
    ·
  • Ohhhhh, you're one of those guys, huh?  Metabollically gifted?  Good on ya.

Work 16 hours a day, just finished building my 3rd self contacted house in 12 years. I can see things slowing down though but I do have some good genes.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,618
    Love that stuff!  A stuffed burger would be awesome. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,198
    Yessir... That stuff is amazing. Goes awesome on burgers. These were some sliders that were made with the palmetto cheese with japs.

2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 106
    These were my burgers that I stuffed with the jalapeño pimento from palmettos, it's good stuff!
    image.jpg 552K
    image.jpg 609.8K
    Durham, NC
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 2,440
    I have always enjoyed making my own pimento cheese.  The bought stuff is really good too!  It's a southn thang...
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 673
    My mom use to make pimento all the time. I need to get her recipe.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • KenfromMIKenfromMI Posts: 675
    It's really easy to make homemade as well. I've never purchased any except for at a restaurant in Ann Arbor that is famous for it. I'll have to see if we have that brand in Michigan and give it a try.

Dearborn MI
    ·