Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help please (for tonights cook)

My grandparents are in town tonight, and I want to cook them a nice dinner.   My question is how would you recommend I cook frozen bacon wrapped scallops?  I will be doing a reverse sear for my filet mignons so would I be able to just put the bacon wrapped scallops on the grill and cook them around 225 with the steaks well they are reverse searing?  will the scallops take longer?  

my other option would be to put them in my cast iron pan and add some seasoning and butter or oil, and just let they scallps fry on the egg.

thanks for the help.

Chilliwack, BC, Canada

Comments

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    What are the directions on the box? I would think you can just throw them on with the steaks. Do they state to cook from frozen or thaw first.
    Duncan, SC
  • Jwinn44
    Jwinn44 Posts: 49
    They say to cook from fozen and put in the oven....   No mention of the green egg on the instructions.  These companies don't know what they are missing out on.  I guess I could just follow the instructions but replace the oven with the egg, but I wasnt sure if there was a more exciting way....
    Chilliwack, BC, Canada
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Your egg is an oven. They will be fine cooked on the egg.
    Duncan, SC
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    what ever they give for oven temps go 25 degrees hotter in the egg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    ...Or, cook them 80% of the way in the oven, but then throw them on the egg when you're reverse searing the steaks.  You'll get a nice fresh grilled sear to finish off the bacon and you won't have to worry that the box directions likely specify a cooking temp higher than the 225 you plan on cooking the steaks. 
    You could also buy a 2nd egg...  ;;)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Jwinn44
    Jwinn44 Posts: 49
    I want a second egg badly, but my wife hasnt seen the need yet!  Maybe a mini max is in her future as a xmas gift this coming year.   We do go camping once or twice every 5 years so it would be great to have it for those times.!
    Chilliwack, BC, Canada